SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My brand new kilt is too big
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My brand new kilt is too big Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
I ordered a 60 inch waist kilt (measured at the belly button).

Of course it takes 12 weeks to be completed, and then time to be shipped.

But in the time between measuring and ordering I have lost some inches....

So with the kilt straps as tight as they will go it wants to succumb to gravity and make its place around my feet.

I will send it back and have the buckles/straps moved at additional cost.

But darn does that kilt look good. It is in my family clan tartan.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
https://www.lochcarron.co.uk/m...-front-72dpi-rgb.jpg

Dads Side of the family by His Mother. Lennox. Lowland Scots

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Be sure to post a pic when you get it back.

Show a little leg, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Swiss suspenders. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Miller (on my mother's side), a sept of the Clan Macfarlane.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

That made me laugh!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Nah, get the buckles and straps moved a bit and buy a new kilt.

As a veteran I can wear my clan kilt (Gray for paternal, Campbell for maternal and on the Irish side Smith on the maternal)), a Blackwatch tartan (all military veterans can wear this), and the US Navy tartan as that was the branch in which I served.

Yes I will post a photo and show some leg.

I like the fact that one can take and wear a kilt ultra-formal, and ultra-casual.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’ve always thought kilts were cool; I’m just not sure I’ve got the gams to make one work haha...

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
So with the kilt straps as tight as they will go it wants to succumb to gravity and make its place around my feet.

Sounds believable, you think the judge will buy it? Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:

Sounds believable, you think the judge will buy it? Big Grin

Maybe as I have a witness.... My Kilt dropped without my help shortly after putting my boots on and tying them and my wife was a witness to the nefarious act of the kilt..

But then again I probably would be arrested, charged, and convicted for impersonating a Sasquatch.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
If it’s not Scottish it’s CRAP!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You just have to eat a lot more haggis to be able to make the kilt fit properly. Smile

Oh, and ale too - lots and lots of ale.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is a first for SIGforum

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Then there was this one time, many years ago, on a mountain somewhere near Boone North Carolina...

A guy like that coulda kilt somebody...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
If it's not a great kilt (Feileadh Mòr), it's not a real kilt.

No measuring necessary and it can double as a shelter in a pinch.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Drink a few Wee Heavy's each night and those inches may come back

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

A guy like that coulda kilt somebody...

Well I did suspend an 11 inch British Gurka Rifles Kukri off of my belt and a MK18 clone (AR-15 with 10.5 inch barrel) suppressed strapped to my chest...

I remember the photo Monkey.

posted Hide Post
If you study the History of the Clans you will find that they originated as a means of organizing bands of Cattle Thieves. Yeah, the Clans started out as gangs of Cattle Rustlers. Later on they emerged as organizations intended as Defense groups for localities. As they originated they were NOT on a basis of family, there were simply a group who adopted a common Clan Name. As a result you could marry within a clan and not have issues with inbreeding. However over time Clans tended to become a family and inbreeding was a potential issue. So Clans would become affiliated with other Clans to provide suitable young fertile females of a different family line.

BTW, Clan names in my family tree are Bruce, Scott, and Douglas. Have no idea at all if any of them are actual clan decedents. My family arrived in the flesh of an English Merchant who arrived somewhere in the mid 1600's. Funny thing, his date of arrival varies with the source so having an exact date just isn't possible. What is known is he was a Proprietor for the colony of North New Jersey. BTW, when his children were old enough they couldn't get out of New Jersey quick enough and crossed over to Pennsylvania. Guess things in Jersey haven't changed much in nearly 400 years, spend time there and you can't wait to leave.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post