SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I caught a break - House sale is going through!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I caught a break - House sale is going through! Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Woohoo! Seller of my new house has agreed to move closing back 2 weeks. Another hurdle passed... several to go.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
That is good news! I hope things go smoothly for you from here on.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Rogue, that sucks. None of this “happens for a reason”, “one door closes, another opens”... that’s shit.

I’m glad that the new house closing was able to be pushed back two weeks. I know you’re really excited about the new place, and getting the old one sold and being completely free of the ex-wife.

I really hope this all works out.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4021 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Good to hear Rogue.

Posts: 3695 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it. You and the dog should be very happy!

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Woohoo! Seller of my new house has agreed to move closing back 2 weeks. Another hurdle passed... several to go.

That is good news.

The real question though is when is the housewarming party/mil-surp rifle shoot scheduled for? I promise to bring a case of the finest boxed wine.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That's great news (the second buyers on the old home, and the flexibility of the seller on the house you want.)

Sounds like you caught two breaks! Smile

Posts: 14995 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear things are improving!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6363 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Second inspection tomorrow. (Which should be interesting, considering we already addressed everything the first buyers' inspector identified. So it'll either be a clean bill, or just a bunch of random nitpicky crap that they dug up to try to justify their inspection fee.)

Appraisal next Thursday.

Should know by the following week if everything is good to go.

Fingers crossed.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope it goes well this time.
When I went through my divorce many years ago, I had no trouble selling my place but was getting kicked around by everybody everywhere.
It was rough. Would have to sit and think awhile to remember how many times I was pushed to blows.
Life gets ya down and then people like to kick you when your down there. Must make some people feel good?
Life got much better for me, hope yours will too.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the sales are moving forward now, good.

I'm selling a house now (myself) and have made it through the inspection and appraisal parts so hopefully closing later this month.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7032 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm in the home stretch! Inspection and appraisal went off without a hitch. Buyers were able to get financing with no problems.

Title company has scheduled dual closings on Friday morning. Selling old house and buying new one in one fell swoop.

Buyers have already been cleared to close.

My lender's underwriter should be clearing me to close this morning. (Loan officer said it was supposed to happen last Friday, but the underwriter was backed up.)

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That's awesome! It'll be nice to have all that in the rearview mirror.

Posts: 10791 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Nice!

The last thing for me was the township inspection...and they said "replace driveway"...8 days before closing, I get the feeling they do that intentionally. There was a bunch of other stuff they are requiring to be done also but the driveway is the big issue (as of right now).

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Cleared
To
Close

10:00 am Friday!

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12740 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Very glad to hear that!

Posts: 7484 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
Nice!

The last thing for me was the township inspection...and they said "replace driveway"...8 days before closing, I get the feeling they do that intentionally. There was a bunch of other stuff they are requiring to be done also but the driveway is the big issue (as of right now).

Whoa! Whoa! Hold up. WTF is a Township inspection? I get that it is a city inspection, but are there really places that require you to kiss the ring before selling? Does the Township fix driveways before selling from tax auctions? What happens if you’re short selling and simply don’t have the funds to go through a punch list?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8193 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Awesome news. I never had the guts to try the simultaneous sale and purchase. Too many moving parts.

Congrats!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post