SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Time for a UPS sucks thread!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a UPS sucks thread! Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
UPS sucks!

Maybe if they had a track record of being awesome prior to this, I'd be more understanding, but screw them.

Had a package coming from Salt Lake City which I ordered Wednesday morning and paid for "priority overnight" so I'd have it Thursday morning.

Thursday morning, I get an email from UPS saying they had "mechanical difficulties" and my package would be delivered Friday by 9pm instead. I already planned my day around having this package on Thursday morning, so screw you, UPS. Nothing I can do, though.

Package is in KY now. They're blaming the weather on delaying things AGAIN and won't even trouble themselves to figure out when my "priority overnight" delivery - already a day and a half late - will be delivered.

The amusing part is, they're telling everyone "no refunds b/c weather isn't covered". Well, geniuses, it wouldn't be a weather issue if you didn't have "mechanical difficulties" on Wednesday and by the way, there's plenty of air traffic coming in and out of KY since yesterday evening into this morning.

They're telling me that the package will likely be delivered this evening (yeah, right) and tomorrow at the latest. But why, then, isn't the tracking information updated to reflect that? Because she was just trying to get me off the phone (and no, I didn't get a US call center and don't believe for a minute that her name was "Debbie").

Mad

This same company I ordered from also uses FedEx. (Real FedEx, not Ground.) I should have specified a preference.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Meh, every shipper in the world needs to go back to please allow 4-8 weeks for processing and delivery and the world would be a better place.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Methinks you protest too much. Frown

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
UPS does NOT offer 'Priority Overnight' service...That's FedEx! Are you sure you're 'pitching your bitch' at the right carrier here... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
UPS does NOT offer 'Priority Overnight' service...That's FedEx! Are you sure you're 'pitching your bitch' at the right carrier here... Wink

Priority Overnight is what the shipper called it - and they usually send my stuff via FedEx. UPS certainly does, however, offer guaranteed time of day next day delivery, so when I asked on Wednesday for it to be delivered Thursday morning, UPS should have done, whatever they call it.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Cant blame them for the weather.. Frown

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
UPS can go pound sand ........ once paid extra for overnite delivery guaranted by 9am. ... finaly arrived 3 days later.... then 2 days later UPS had the nerve to call me saying that the clerk had not charged me enough and wanted me to come in and pay difference.... Had they actually did preform to what I paid for might have considered the request but they could go back charge their employee for difference in payment and if need be my attorney would be in contact with them. ................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother is a UPS pilot. He was suppossed to be in TX for Christmas so he could be with us and our mom. Called this morning stuck in Ohio. Been sitting in the plane for 9 hrs and running out of time. He said he won't make it and UPS flight ops are basically shut down.

Posts: 300 | Location: Canyon Lake, TX | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I ordered some items from a retailer in PA on Dec 3. Shipper was UPS. Package took 3 days to NJ, one day to MD and sat there for 5 days. Finally made it to me in VA 3 days after leaving MD. Glad I wasn’t in a hurry.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Had something shipped UPS 2nd day air on the 21st. It's stuck somewhere in NY because of weather.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I have better luck with UPS shipping then I do with FedEx.
FedEx shipped an item from Georgia (I think) to Michigan but the local hub said they couldn't deliver it because it was a half inch too long.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
UPS does NOT offer 'Priority Overnight' service...
Sure they do: UPS Next Day Air. Aka: "UPS Red."
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
I have better luck with UPS shipping then I do with FedEx.
FedEx or FedEx Ground? They're entirely different things.

I've generally found UPS and FedEx to be the most reliable, followed by USPS and FedEx Ground.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post