SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Broadcast TV and "Celebrities"...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Broadcast TV and "Celebrities"... Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
When I'm at home this isn't an issue since I control what we watch, but today I'm sitting at my daughter's new place in Athens, GA watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV, and all of the liberal "celebrities" absolutely make me want to puke! Just the sight of them, not just their voices. And of course the pResident has to make an appearance via a phone call. <<gag.... puke....>>

Her place, her TV, her choice, but it just makes me want to hurl having this shit shoved down my throat!!!

Edit to add: My disgust with seeing all the people in the parade, out in the open air, and all wearing the freakin' "face diapers", and of course nobody in the crown is wearing them. What the hell?

And let's top it off with a 30-second spot featuring Bidet promoting his "Build Back Better" bullshit and claiming how this is putting people back to work and helping the economy. May just have to go back to bed until this shit is done for the day!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4573 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear ya! Only reason we’re semi-tuned in today (working around the grill) is for my wife’s Alabama Million Dollar Band. They’re supposed to lead Santa in this year and she wants to see it. That is if they don’t cut to some obscure singer singing a song nobody knows or cares about…Frown

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My wife was watching the parade earlier today, when I passed through the room.

It brought back some great memories. My favorite aunt used to take me to see the parade, when I was a kid. 75 years ago, give or take a year or two. One of the great memories of growing up in the NYC area.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah it brings back memories. My sister and mother wanted to watch that shit and we only had one television. It seemed like it took forever with all the hosts salivating over the floats. I was always hoping for a big gust of wind to blow Snoopy into one of the buildings.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ZSMICHAEL,

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Just to follow up... I did go back to bed and slept until it was all over, and Thanksgiving dinner was ready to eat. Didn't miss a thing!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4573 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I just happened to flip over to see how the parade was going. Thought maybe my grandson might like it. At the exact moment I clicked over Al Roker was talking to Brandon. I immediately clicked back. No more glances.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have observed that a majority of American people seem to be fixated upon celebrities, almost worshipfully it seems. What the famous person says, or does, or wears, or likes, all become more important than any aspect of reality.

The few big-name celebrities I have met over the years have almost all been insufferably arrogant pricks. Very few exceptions. Not anyone I would want to associate with regularly, certainly not anyone I would take as my role model in life.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" Celebrities " ....whatever .

Posts: 4047 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoboGunLeather:

The few big-name celebrities I have met over the years have almost all been insufferably arrogant pricks.
I guess that I just met the right ones, all in aviation-related settings.

• Another pilot and I were the air taxi crew who ferried Bob Hope from JFK to Monmouth County Airport when he was awarded an honorary doctorate degree. He was a warm, outgoing, friendly, gentleman.

• I was at the Dorado airport in Puerto Rico, waiting to give a lesson to the manager of one of the resort hotels. My little rescue beagle was scampering around and she greeted a group consisting of Bill Lear, James Coburn, and a couple of very attractive actresses, all of whom played with and petted "Woof," and chatted with me. Bill Lear gave me a cockpit tour of his airplane.

• On the north ramp of the Orlando-Sanford airport, my wife and I were preparing to depart for Ohio, to visit the kids. John Travolta exited his B-707 (N707JT) to go into the FBO office. He veered toward us, looked the V-Tail over, shook hands and said "Nice Bonanza," before continuing into the office.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
  •  
    Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post