SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stupid jars that stupid people design for food…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid jars that stupid people design for food… Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Well, thanks for all the replies. The veggie peeler is one hell of a grand idea.

I was making a Meyer lemon pasta, with capers, truffle sauce, sweet baby bell pepper rings quickly blanched/fried in balsamic that was reduced down and used, and Parmesan. A dash of Argumato lemon oil. There was some Italian sausage links that were cut into pieces and seasoned with fennel pollen and espelette.

All mixed together and it was pretty damn tasty.

Inglehoffer has it right with their horseradish jars.

Fuck that caper jar.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Well, thanks for all the replies. The veggie peeler is one hell of a grand idea.

I was making a Meyer lemon pasta, with capers, truffle sauce, sweet baby bell pepper rings quickly blanched/fried in balsamic that was reduced down and used, and Parmesan. A dash of Argumato lemon oil. There was some Italian sausage links that were cut into pieces and seasoned with fennel pollen and espelette.

All mixed together and it was pretty damn tasty.

Inglehoffer has it right with their horseradish jars.

Fuck that caper jar.

Sounds good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
There actually is a reason for this though I don’t recall the reasoning. My roommate in college told me why but it’s been awhile.

They do make things called Caper Spoons.
Cuisinox Caper Serving Spoon https://a.co/9JMHFKm

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Tall, skinny glass jars are great for soaking pistol barrels in Hoppe's No.9.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
My 1/4 tsp measuring spoon fits in the caper jar.

I use capers in chicken piccata and with salmon.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Old, hopefully not longer used... coke spoon?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those plastic inverted mao and tarter sauce bottles.

Have no business anywhere on the plant.

Sure sure the concept works great on ketchup, dawn dish soap and mustard.
But not for the thicker pasty stuff,
A third of the contents
Clings to the side

So now you have to cut the bottle in half to get access with a small spatula.
Mad

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
There actually is a reason for this though I don’t recall the reasoning. My roommate in college told me why but it’s been awhile.

I always thought it was to keep the product covered.

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sounds like a ploy by the flatware industry to overload silverware drawers is afoot.

Time to investigate the Caper Caper!

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
<snip>

For the win!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
All I know is run of the mill lemon caper sauce.

Roll Eyes Man don't poo poo that stuff. Not run of the mill as it can make a piece of fish outstanding! LoL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Dreamfarm Mini Supoon. Very useful item. Amazon has them.

I just spent 20 minutes looking at various products on their website... Your post is going to cost me some money today. Very useful looking and very inventive products.

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spoon not jar problem!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
yes, the inverted katchup bottle was a grand idea... but when they started doing it for mustard.... somebody should 'splain to the folks there that this just don't work.... you have to cut the top off the damn thing and use a knife to get the last third of the mustard out.... I have not ventured into the Mayo realm of this.....give me an old Plockman's jar any day... lid the same size as the jar.... where did all the geniuses go?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just like Blume9mm's mustard, Japanese Kewpie mayo packaging SUCKS! Never could get the container empty without cutting it in half. Squeeze this! Red Face

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post