SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I got a $25 gift/debit card for doing something I didn't do....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got a $25 gift/debit card for doing something I didn't do.... Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
I received spam phone calls time and again to have an "in home wellness visit". I said no every time. Then I hung up every time. Until I started again saying "No. Not just no, but f-NO!

Later along comes the gift/debit card from OPTUM. No idea what for. The letter with it is very vague. I finally called the 800 number and asked questions and stated I did not do the home visit. (I consider them an invasion of my privacy when not needed) The guy said it is free money. So enjoy.

I don't think I will.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can be cynical but I don’t see anyway that spending a gift card can in any way obligate you to anything. If you threw it away and somebody else spent it could you be on the hook?

I say spend it.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Wink

Posts: 955 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's just a generic gift card with no ties to you personally , I'd use it in a heartbeat .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'd use it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't want it , send it to me . I'll pay the postage .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Put it in a kettle or give to that guy at the exit if you're worried.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Put it in a kettle or give to that guy at the exit if you're worried.

This, give it to a homeless shelter, or in the kettle...

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Read the fine print that says 'usage of this card implys consent to agreement of said contract.'

If you can't find that in mice type on the back of page 87, then use the card or give it to the charity of your choice.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post