SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    LG Refrigerator Customer Service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LG Refrigerator Customer Service Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
This morning as my wife and I were to leave for work, she noticed that the ice packs we use for our lunch were not frozen.
We scrambled to get the frozen foods to our freezer and put the other food in coolers with ice.

While at work I called customer service in India. There is a known defect with the compressor and a lawsuit that gave an additional 5 year warranty.

My mother in law had bought the same LG for herself and bought us ours as she wanted to do us a favor. Her compressor went a year ago.

Customer service wanted me to plug it back in and call after 48 hours after plugging it back in. No freakin way! Finally they agreed to send out a tech on Monday. The tech called asked for a photo of the label so he could get the parts before he comes on Monday. He told me they are bad and the new one should last at least 5 years. Jeez 3K for the refrigerator and a new compressor should last 5 years?

The company that sold me the unit said they use 2 companies for repairs and neither will work on an LG.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Google LG refrigerator compressor failure. You can read until the end of time. They and Samsung make trash fridges and they’re legendary at stiff arming you until you give up.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Friends don't let friends buy LG appliances.

They have the one-two combo of both being notoriously unreliable as well as being problematic to source parts for (and find repairmen willing to work on them).

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Ours died a few months ago. The local repair business refused to even look at it. They told me about the lawsuit and I looked it up. I decided not to call LG as the warranty time was about to expire and I didn't trust them to use parts that were any better than what the fridge started with. I scrambled and bought a KitchenAid based on past threads here. It's a bit smaller than the LG but I'm okay with that as long as it works. If something does go wrong, at least the local repair place has parts and will work on it.

Posts: 559 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ugh, our dishwasher, double oven & kitchen fridge are LG

Wouldn't have been my choice but they came with the house.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I feel you.

We got an LG and the ice maker needed several service calls in the first year. Each time I had to make a stink to get them to respond.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6363 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Luckily, no trouble here, yet. Still not a fan of all the musical tones instead of beeps...

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Our LG Fridge just went out this past Wednesday. Bought it through Costco and got the extended warranty. Our warranty ends in Dec of 2022 so we are lucky. Repair person can't make it out until this coming WED. The support person was pretty rude to my wife and she was on the phone / hold for 2 hours dealing with them. She told the guy she would "Never buy and LG again" India guy tells her no problem we are a big company we will survive. I'll have look into the lawsuit thing. Thanks for posting.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Hopefully you have learned your lesson about buying LG refrigerators now. Hasn't this been discussed periodically for at least 10 years here that they are all pieces of shit?

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
The repairman came out this afternoon with all the parts needed for the fix. He was here for about 90 minutes. Nice guy lives local. No charge for the new compressor.

When I first saw the negative comments on this and the Samsung refrigerators I had already gotten this model.
As this was bought for my family as a gift, I still think I got a good deal. My mother in law is good this way. Before covid, she had taken us on an Alaskan Cruise and the next year a 10 day cruise to Europe.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Got my fridge fixed yesterday. $1,300 total, but it is up and running.

Compressors are now support for 10 years. My repairs were covered under warranty so I was lucky.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Your refrigerator looks similar to mine. The difference I can see is you have 2 freezer drawers while I have 1.

Living the Dream