SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Newest Aggravation While Driving: People Just Stopping In The Middle Of A Road/Street
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Newest Aggravation While Driving: People Just Stopping In The Middle Of A Road/Street Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Another new aggravation while driving I’m seeing more and more, twice in this week alone is:

“Im gonna stop my dumb ass right here in the middle of this street and fiddle on my phone or wait for my GPS to recalculate”

Seriously, WTF! Pull OVER out of the flow of traffic you clueless waste of oxygen!

Technology can be great but it’s also making the stupider people more stupid I swear Roll Eyes

Posts: 33573 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
and then they flip off when you chirp your horn at them Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
You might consider replacing your horn.

Try the new electronic horn that plays a very loud machine gun sound.

They should floor it, I’m told.

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Yup. It is aggravating. Enough to make a cranky old man (like me) want to shout, "Get your head out of the damned phone and pay attention to your fucking driving!"

Another one that I see a lot, somebody stopping in the middle of the aisle in a parking lot, waiting for that perfect parking place. You want to wait for that slot? Fine, no problem, just wait on one side or the other, so the line of cars that you are holding up can pass. Don't stop in the center and block traffic, you moron.

Damn, I'm grouchy!
I do know why we Old Guys get so irritated at people who waste our time. Being Old Guys, we don't have that much time left, and we resent people who waste (steal!) some of that diminishing resource.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30536 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Don't come to Wickenburg. This behavior happens every year when our winter visitors are here.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Another one that I see a lot, somebody stopping in the middle of the aisle in a parking lot, waiting for that perfect parking place.

That one pisses me off too. About as bad as sitting at a traffic light, after it’s turned green, and still playing with the cell phone.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
and then they flip off when you chirp your horn at them Wink

Not so much here because a lot of people are carrying guns.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Hate all of that. And here’s a twist: real estate agents that stop at Stop signs, get out and place / remove those Open House standing signs. They get out, open trunk, take out sign, walk to sidewalk somewhere, place sign, walk back to car, then go. Meanwhile nobody can go unless we can jump the median or cross the lane.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
open trunk, take out sign, walk to sidewalk somewhere, place sign
I watched a dude following a minute or two behind one of these real estate people. He would wait until the real estate car was out of sight, then grab the sign and throw it in his trunk.

A few days after I observed this, I was at our gun club and saw some "open house" signs that had been used as targets. Not sure whether they were the signs that the dude was picking up a few days earlier.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30536 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
open trunk, take out sign, walk to sidewalk somewhere, place sign
I watched a dude following a minute or two behind one of these real estate people. He would wait until the real estate car was out of sight, then grab the sign and throw it in his trunk.

A few days after I observed this, I was at our gun club and saw some "open house" signs that had been used as targets. Not sure whether they were the signs that the dude was picking up a few days earlier.

That is hilarious.

A good example of not getting mad, just getting even Big Grin

Posts: 33573 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this.
Makes me appreciate tiny town even more.

Once a week we run across two vehicles stopped in the road.

We don't beep at the locals yakking it up, about half will pull to one side or the other,

So you can still get around.
25%will be stopped ,dead center.

Chances are they are updating people about who went away in an ambulance last night,

Who needs help with their lawn after knee surgery
Or
Who had their baby.

The longest I've had to wait was under two minutes.

This ain't Chicago , almost no one here is important enough to be laying in the horn button.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54487 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another one that I see a lot, somebody stopping in the middle of the aisle in a parking lot, waiting for that perfect parking place. You want to wait for that slot? Fine, no problem, just wait on one side or the other, so the line of cars that you are holding up can pass. Don't stop in the center and block traffic, you moron.

yep, this is my favorite followed closely by knuckleheads that come to a dead stop at the end of an on ramp instaed of getting up to speed and merging

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
knuckleheads that come to a dead stop at the end of an on ramp instaed of getting up to speed and merging
This one happened to me, many years ago. I was the # 2 car on the on ramp. Car # 1, driven by a woman with a cigarette in her mouth, was accelerating. I turned my head to look over my left shoulder, to verify that I was clear to merge. All clear, nobody coming. Turned back to look ahead and the idiot woman driving car # 1 had come to a complete stop, even though she had a clear lane for her merge.

I got my car almost stopped. I hit her rear bumper, not hard enough to do any damage, but I got out and walked up to her driver side to check on her.

She was rather large in the chestal area, wearing a low-cut blouse, and frantically digging to find the cigarette that had fallen out of her mouth. She refused my offer of assistance.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
My personal favorite is the overweight (gravity-challenged) lady who gets her shopping cart, enters the door of the grocery store, then stops while blocking the entry for ten minutes while going through the coupons in her purse.

Same lady seems to have multiple issues at the check-out lane, causing everyone else to wait endlessly.

I think they all shop at the same place, Omar the Tent-Maker.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1091 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
This one happened to me, many years ago. I was the # 2 car on the on ramp. Car # 1, driven by a woman with a cigarette in her mouth, was accelerating. I turned my head to look over my left shoulder, to verify that I was clear to merge. All clear, nobody coming. Turned back to look ahead and the idiot woman driving car # 1 had come to a complete stop, even though she had a clear lane for her merge.

LOL an xwife of mine totaled my BMW exactly this way. Accelerating to merge, glace back, look ahea....BOOM. She was cited for driving at an unsafe speed. When she went to court she told the judge that she didn't understand why she got cited for unsafe speed. The judge said 'because they don't write tickets for doing something stupid'.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About a year or so ago I had a "street stopper" and rear ended her. My ARB bumper did a number on the back of her car.
We exchanged info. as we both use the same ins. co. and she was "in a hurry to get somewhere". I had the whole thing on dashcam and saved it, just in case. Fast forward 6 months and she's suing me for hitting her and causing physical damage. I made a copy of the video and sent it to my Ins. Agent and that was the end of that. Her Lawyer dropped it, ins. cancelled her . I'll not be taken advantage of. If you don't have a dashcam , get one as it will be one of the best vehicle updates you can have.

Posts: 363 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post