SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cox Internet...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cox Internet... Login/Join 
posted
Well, I guess all good things must come to an end. Several months ago I signed up for Cox Internet...$51.87 a month including renting the Modem. Bill was always paid on time.

Saturday I get an email that I still owe $20 a month in addition to the $51.87 that I already paid last week.

Yep, a $20 boost in fee for no reason except they can.

Saturday afternoon I stood in line with a few dozen of pissed off Cox customers who had their fees increased.

I cut off my Internet and am returning the Modem.

So, FREE Internet WIFI signals here I come.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sounds like a promotion ended.

i call rewards when i see the price increase, ask for same price with same package.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
sounds like a promotion ended.

That's what it sounds like to me, too.

I've had Comcast try to offer me promotional pricing. I always decline.

We've stayed on the lowest tier ever since we signed up. Started out at... 10/2? Now up to 75/15. Still paying the same thing we did eleven-and-a-half years ago.

Whenever the contract comes up for renewal I tell them "I don't need more bandwidth. What I need is no price increase," and they renew me for another three years at the same price for whatever is the lowest tier they're currently offering.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Every year in October I call Cox 'customer loyalty' department and request same or lower bill. Almost always works to get bill lowered from what they jump it up to every year. The ridicules thing is I have to sign up for different plan i.e., get all the pay channels, or add a house phone, etc., that we didn't have before.

Worth a call to lower or keep price same.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1368 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Modem went back to Cox yesterday.

And, if the $51.87 plan was a promotion, it was never explained to me as that.

Plus, Cox is still running TV ads pushing that promo.

I'm now at Mickey D's using their Wifi and the coffee ain't bad.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i avoid public wifi!!

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cox sucks.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most Cable companies suck. I pay Comcast north of $200 monthly for High Speed internet and TV.(they toss in the house phone for free - which isn't used/on)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
I hate Cox, I hate them more than anything else. They suck dead donkey balls.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I hear some companies charge a cancellation fee regardless of when you cancel, hopefully that did not happen in your case.

Posts: 5297 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post