SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who don't watch their kids so they can enjoy an event.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who don't watch their kids so they can enjoy an event. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
So, I'm at a Colin Rae concert at a local park. Clearly an older crowd. Except, a few couples came with young kids and sent their brats over to where there is a tree to cary on so they can enjoy the concert. The sponsor has tried to shut them up more than once without success. Really? Find your own damn babysitter or don't come. It's as annoying as those idiots yelling at the speaker of their cell phone.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"WHAT?!!!! I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY AWESOMENESS!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43868 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah It's nice when the kids think it's ok to start breaking the branches off the tree that my taxes pay to maintain. See this all the time at Kiwannis baseball. My son plays in the 10,11, and 12 age group. Entire families show up with all their brats, dogs, and extended family. Lay out their blankets and dog bowls. All I want to do is watch my son pitch, and catch. They won't STFU during the game. I get there early, usually assist with coaching, and my wife has kept score for the past 4 years. One fat cow was sitting next to me and whipped it out and started nursing her kid!!! We aren't becoming a third world country, we're already there.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
One fat cow was sitting next to me and whipped it out and started nursing her kid!
Better than hearing the kid screaming because it's hungry. Or maybe not.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
One fat cow was sitting next to me

Posts: 23400 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
When my daughter was little she stayed with her grandparents when we wanted to go out. And she was pretty well behaved.
The venues I see people bringing children to nowadays is appalling. And they're always little fucking brats breaking stuff and constantly screaming and yelling. I'm getting to that age where I really can't stand other peoples crotch fruit.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Well, "it takes a village" Roll Eyes

You're supposed to be a good little villager and watch the little snot factories while they enjoy the show.

Yeah...me neither...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
We have a local icehouse (i.e. indoor/outdoor beer joint and the building typically has multiple roll-up garage doors) that was recently remodeled to have a really nice outdoor area with sand volleyball and giant screen for games. On a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, groups of parents get together in the indoor area and let their kids run amuck in the outdoor area.

For example, waitress caught the little bastards with a table on its side rolling it into the fence in attempt to break the fence. 1/2 the parents left with their brats the other 1/2 were undaunted and resumed their inattentive "parenting."

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
One fat cow was sitting next to me and whipped it out and started nursing her kid!
Better than hearing the kid screaming because it's hungry. Or maybe not.

I'll go with door #2, maybe not.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
When my daughter was little she stayed with her grandparents when we wanted to go out. And she was pretty well behaved.
The venues I see people bringing children to nowadays is appalling. And they're always little fucking brats breaking stuff and constantly screaming and yelling. I'm getting to that age where I really can't stand other peoples crotch fruit.

I used to go to local minor league baseball games, just finally quit going, parents letting kids ruin it for people who came to watch the game.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somehow three family's with six children total got in too a predominantly elderly housing addition in a rural tiny town near me.

The three couples started making demands after seven days.
They started a petition to turn an empty lot in too a playground.
Forty three grand parents told them fuck no.
Vehemently.

Then they started a petition to lower the speed limit from 25 to 15 m.p.h.

Again the elderly majority told them to eat shit and die.

Then the three parents asked the old farts to put in bike lanes so they kids didn't have to ride on the side walks.
Again they were told in no uncertain terms that the addition of 65 homes did not need fixing.

Now they are seeking baby sitters on the neighborhood cork board.
Good luck with that

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Somehow three family's with six children total got in too a predominantly elderly housing addition in a rural tiny town near me.

The three couples started making demands after seven days.
They started a petition to turn an empty lot in too a playground.
Forty three grand parents told them fuck no.
Vehemently.

Then they started a petition to lower the speed limit from 25 to 15 m.p.h.

Again the elderly majority told them to eat shit and die.

Then the three parents asked the old farts to put in bike lanes so they kids didn't have to ride on the side walks.
Again they were told in no uncertain terms that the addition of 65 homes did not need fixing.

Now they are seeking baby sitters on the neighborhood cork board.
Good luck with that

I worked LE in a semi rural area for 30 years. We started getting inner belt suburbanites moving out there for the better schools and presumably to be left alone. What they started doing was trying to cherry pick what laws from their old town into our township. I can remember one Sat morning being sent to a house where a lady was complaining about gunfire next door. I knew exactly what was happening, her neighbor was shooting .22's on their own property next to her's. You should have seen the amazement on her face when I told her that we were a township and people could shoot safely on their own property. She asked me what to do. I told her to bake them a pie. Walk over some evening and give them the pie, introduce herself, and exchange phone numbers. That way the neighbor could call her the night before and tell her when he would be target shooting, she could bring her kids inside, and all would be well. I was never dispatched to that house again.