SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sam Brinton, Biden’s latest appointment
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sam Brinton, Biden’s latest appointment Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Ok, so he prefers wearing stilettos while on the job. I know I'm old fashioned and think there should be a level of decorum in our national government. And private lives should be private.

Thing is, these days with the internet, most everything is available to most anyone. I realize there's not much of anything that could raise the subterranean level to which this administration has sunk, which probably explains this appointment. Nothing to lose.

https://www.theamericanconserv...n-puttin-on-the-dog/

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I wonder how the gay community looks at this? For years we've heard that they are just normal people that happen to love the same sex. And I believe that most of them are just normal people trying to make it through life like the rest of us.

And then they trot out this freak.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Onion? Babylon Bee?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Onion? Babylon Bee?

I wish!

https://mobile.twitter.com/lib.../1491875600306356235

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Quite real. Brinton has an MS in Nuclear Engineering from MIT and worked for many years on rad waste disposal.

Brinton may be a whackadoodle, but if Brinton brings new energy to solving a thermodynamically unfavorable problem, let them give it a go. The pocket protector engineers haven't solved it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Sickening.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Giving in to their depravity.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Brinton may be a whackadoodle, but if Brinton brings new energy to solving a thermodynamically unfavorable problem, let them give it a go. The pocket protector engineers haven't solved it.

I am, and have been around engineers from all over the world my entire career and not one has ever worn a pocket protector. The only ones I've ever seen are on older non-degreed guys that came up out of the skilled trades into salaried jobs. Find a new pejorative.

And you know what? This one guy is not a renaissance man or a genius. There are enough smart people in the world to figure out how to solve any problem whatever the problem is. He took a political job in the DOE because of his Masters from MIT's Technology and Policy Program. And he got the political job because of his persona.

This absurd administration is going full retard on hiring the most outlandish people they can. The newly appointed Admiral Rachel Levine, the literal communist that they tried to install as a banking regulator, and now this idiot. The goal is to offend as many conservative Americans as possible, and then call them names if they call out the lunacy.

Harry Reid and the Democrats killed the Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste disposal facility project. $18B down the toilet and nothing to show for it. The US is far less secure with spent nuclear fuel being kept in storage pools at the actual reactor sites with less than stellar security.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

I am, and have been around engineers from all over the world my entire career and not one has ever worn a pocket protector. The only ones I've ever seen are on older non-degreed guys that came up out of the skilled trades into salaried jobs. Find a new pejorative.

And you know what? This one guy is not a renaissance man or a genius. There are enough smart people in the world to figure out how to solve any problem whatever the problem is. He took a political job in the DOE because of his Masters from MIT's Technology and Policy Program. And he got the political job because of his persona.

This absurd administration is going full retard on hiring the most outlandish people they can. The newly appointed Admiral Rachel Levine, the literal communist that they tried to install as a banking regulator, and now this idiot. The goal is to offend as many conservative Americans as possible, and then call them names if they call out the lunacy.

Harry Reid and the Democrats killed the Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste disposal facility project. $18B down the toilet and nothing to show for it. The US is far less secure with spent nuclear fuel being kept in storage pools at the actual reactor sites with less than stellar security.

I thought he got the job because he was left a couple hundred million dollars and outspent his competition 12/1 but I could be wrong.

Posts: 3917 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am certain Sam is a brilliant Nuclear Engineer. And he is also a perverted, narcissistic psychopath. And government employee.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I think they put people like this in high level positions to elicit predictible responses that can be used to beat us over the head, paint us as haters. Yep, you know there are a lot of capable candidates, go for the twofer. Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
On another forum, in a thread about this, in the title the OP used the praise.. "Okay, now they're just fucking with us."

I think that may be an accurate assessment.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is the very "thermodynamically unfavorable" problem Brinton now gets to try to solve. I don't care what side Brinton is on, now they get to see what it is like to be yelled at by activists.

BTW, I am an engineer and I have used a pocket protector on more than one occasion. I started using it whenever I needed to carry a permanent marker, having had one leak and destroy a brand new dress shirt (as in taken out of the wrapper and put it on, then 15 minutes later...).

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The US is far less secure with spent nuclear fuel being kept in storage pools at the actual reactor sites with less than stellar security.

Have you been to a nuclear facility with less than stellar security, or is that an assumption?

Because the DOE security guys who do facility security and emergency response at Arkansas' lone nuclear facility are squared away. I've heard the same about other nuclear facilities too.

For example: There is/was a competition known as the World SWAT Challenge held annually in Little Rock, where teams from around the country and across the globe come to compete in practical skills challenges. These include most of the big name tactical teams, both domestic and foreign (big city teams, HRT, GSG9, etc.). One or more of the DOE teams - from Arkansas and elsewhere - routinely place in the Top 10, meaning they beat out a number of other highly trained and highly experienced SWAT teams from all over the world.

Probably because, unlike other SWAT teams who have constant actual LE duties, the nuke guys have tons of time to just train.

And the DOE teams for the higher level nuke facilities in the country have response capabilities approaching the military level, beyond that of normal law enforcement. We're talking LMGs/MMGs, miniguns, AT rockets, indirect fire weapons, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I think they put people like this in high level positions to elicit predictible responses that can be used to beat us over the head, paint us as haters. Yep, you know there are a lot of capable candidates, go for the twofer. Mad

Yeah, good point. Sort of a variation on the false flag deal. You purposely select not just a gay but someone who definitely will attract attention. Toss in stilettos, some feather boas, dog games, etc and for sure the critics will emerge.

But now the left can point to the critics and say it proves conservatives are anti-gay. Yes, Brinton is gay, they'll readily acknowledge, ignoring his other proclivities which is why he was selected to begin with.

Clever.

NRA Life Member

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

I'm kind of saying the same thing cas points out --

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
On another forum, in a thread about this, in the title the OP used the praise.. "Okay, now they're just fucking with us."

I think that may be an accurate assessment.

Fucking with us, yes, rubbing our noses in it. They're doing it because they can.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
They've screwed the pooch this time.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
They've screwed the pooch this time.

I see what you did there. Smile

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I am certain Sam is a brilliant Nuclear Engineer. And he is also a perverted, narcissistic psychopath. And government employee.

So is the prez and vice prez minus the brilliant nuclear engineer part. A rational person should expect anyone nominated or appointed by that (mis)administration to fall well short of any sort of decency or ethical standards.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
<snip>
Have you been to a nuclear facility with less than stellar security, or is that an assumption?
<snip>

Well, there was the issue with the nuns at Y12.

However, in whole, I agree with your statements. I work at SRS, and those guys are serious about security/

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post