SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lack of Customer Service from a Public Utility.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lack of Customer Service from a Public Utility. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I've been trying to get some sort of ballpark guess on when I might expect to see the local electric utility (Versant) set a pole and hook up my new service to the new shop.

I've emailed the Customer Service Rep 4 times. Each time she says she's forwarding it to the Service Scheduler. After a month I still have received NO response. Not even a "we got your email".

I get that they're busy, and I don't expect them to prioritize setting one pole for one residential service, but they could at LEAST acknowledge my communications if just to say "We don't know."

I dropped a note to the Maine PUC, but I suspect that doesn't really fall under their purview.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15212 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The PUC should be able to get their attention . I'm retired from a utility company . Things have changed in that industry . Customer service has suffered . Don't go around in circles wasting your time . Keep bumping the problem up the chain .

Posts: 4051 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
The PUC should be able to get their attention . I'm retired from a utility company . Things have changed in that industry . Customer service has suffered . Don't go around in circles wasting your time . Keep bumping the problem up the chain .

What a co-inky-dink. I fired off a note to the PUC literally minutes before the original post.

I just now talked to the scheduler and he'll be down this afternoon and get the information he needs to schedule the work order.

Posts: 15212 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
He sensed your pain. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
He sensed your pain. Big Grin

I suspect somebody's pain was involved.

Not so sure it was mine.

Big Grin

posted Hide Post
The Public Service Commission has serious weight in most states. They determine the amount of rate increases if any. The CEOs of power companies send their best men to deal with them. It is facts and figures but a good relationship with the PSC is golden.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Once in a while Government regulation actually serves a beneficial purpose.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The utility commission should be able to light a fire under someone's ass.
Just make sure you check in with the commission, as providers like to lie to them stating they are working with you and trying to resolve the issue.

When this isn't happening and the commission finds out, you don't want to be on the other end of the line. Wink

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Scheduler Guy showed up this morning (on time!) and we came up with a plan.

I can use the nearer transformer without setting an extra pole if I change the anchor point on the service entrance to a mast that's about 3 feet above the peak of the roof.

They're concerned about sag over the run and the strength of the screw-eye anchor the electrician used. Be okay with a pole, but iffy for a straight run.

Called my electrician and he'll be down to install a mast.

Existing pole and the scheduler said he'd mark the service entrance as inspected, so it should go reasonably quickly.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nice, like it when a plan comes together..

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

I just now talked to the scheduler and he'll be down this afternoon and get the information he needs to schedule the work order.

Wow ! I never saw a Scheduler that left his cubicle except to go to lunch . Big Grin

Posts: 4051 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
He postponed until this morning, but showed up on time and we worked out a plan that won't involve setting a pole. That means it will be both cheaper and faster. Just need to get the electrician back and install a mast.