SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Getting old and losing people
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting old and losing people Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Elmer,

In 96 my best friend and best man at my wedding passed at 49, he was the first that went due to a medical condition. That hit me hard, until then we seemed invincible and then I realized that we were mortal.

While working on genealogy I was searching for information on a cousin that may have passed. I was searching a database that lists deceased by birthdate I was stunned to find several people including a girlfriend of my teen years on there.

It never gets easier, believe me.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Add my sincere condolences for your loss.

Only a few years behind but experienced some of those losses. One (approx) quote stolen from a movie sticks with me. "we're at the age when the good Lord stops giving us things and begins to take them away."

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2004 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I'm 69 years old.
After all the things I've been through in life since 2003, I tell myself, I'm lucky to be alive.

My dogs give me a reason to hope for more time.
Elmer, we understand.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Condolences for your loss Elmer. I just turned 71. As you get older and friends or relatives pass on, it doesn't get easier. I find myself reflecting more often on what's really important in life as I get older. Just discovered a country song "Don't Let The Old Man In." Has a great message that I like a lot.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post