SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Swim meets - *Update-11/3/2021* Going to States
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swim meets - *Update-11/3/2021* Going to States Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Shime-Waza !!

As I got older Shime Waza was quicker and less effort than grappling to finish a Shiai.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain, all 3 daughters swam from age 7 through high school, or close to all the way through high school. Reason I became a referee, got me on the deck with the kids and far away from the idiot parents.
Swimming put our town on the map when I was in high school (also a swimmer) we even had signs as you came into town that said the home of swimming in IL. Swimmers are still treated as second class by the schools, not the kids, the schools. Annoys the hell out of me.

Posts: 782 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your son making state! I’ll be there too, driving in from the panhandle. My son made the 200 relay. It’s 20 hours of driving to watch him for 2 minutes but I’m proud of him. Seems like yesterday he was cuddling with me on the couch now he’s a junior in high school. The moments are precious and slip away fast; I don’t mind the inconvenience of the drive, will be great to spend time together.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^Nice! Must be a 3A or 4A school. Good luck! Safe trip. If you have people back home that want to watch: Link to webcast - 4A,3A webcast , it's $11 for a month.

My son swims for a 2A school, so their meet was last Friday. He literally did his best every single swim starting with districts. The team, with only 6 swimmers, came in 7th overall. He's fired up for next year and planning on making it in individual events. I got him the T-shirt with the names of all the kids who made states on it and a lanyard. He hasn't missed an oppurtunity to wear the T-shirt and he uses the lanyard for his student ID. I can't tell you how great it is to see him take pride in his success.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
^Nice! Must be a 3A or 4A school. Good luck! Safe trip. If you have people back home that want to watch: Link to webcast - 4A,3A webcast , it's $11 for a month.

My son swims for a 2A school, so their meet was last Friday. He literally did his best every single swim starting with districts. The team, with only 6 swimmers, came in 7th overall. He's fired up for next year and planning on making it in individual events. I got him the T-shirt with the names of all the kids who made states on it and a lanyard. He hasn't missed an oppurtunity to wear the T-shirt and he uses the lanyard for his student ID. I can't tell you how great it is to see him take pride in his success.

That’s awesome, congrats for him! Thanks for the link.

I’m not sure what kind of school my son swims in; it’s FWB. They arrived yesterday, I’ll drive down early tomorrow morning.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I didn't know what any of it meant until this year. Each year, the Florida High School Athleic Association (FHSAA) splits the schools across the state into classes based on size the previous year. There's four classes for swimming with 1A being smallest and 4A being largest. My son's school was 3A for years, but dropped to 2A in 2020.

Another thing I just figured out, if you see times labeled AA-A or AA-C, it means All American - automatic or All American - consideration. Apparently if your kid gets those time, college coaches start calling you.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post