SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The daily car warranty calls and voicemails
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The daily car warranty calls and voicemails Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Fuck you! That is all!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
What happened???? Did you miss the call and your warranty expired. LOL

I agree with you - very annoying.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4886 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Does the warranty cover exploding gas tanks on a 1974 Pinto?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30536 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Those, and "my doctor" has recommended that I get a Life Alert and such a deal as they've got for me...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15176 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It's switched to texts (as my other thread suggests)

5 in the last 24 hours:
-Apple product tester
-Round up settlement
-DMV unclaimed funds
-Home Depot giveaway
-ATT bill payment

I've gotten to playing with the car warranty calls.

Last one asked what the year of the last car I bought was, my response was 1957 (true, Lotus 7 replica), threw him way off script & he stumbled a bit.

Next one is getting either 1994 McLaren F1 or 2016 Koenigsegg Agera RS

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
But I like working on my jeeps. Smile They don't cover the stuff I break.

I just want to make all calls to me toll calls. I will reimburse the toll to anyone I want to talk to. Don't get texts, I don't even have a cell phone. I had to carry one the last 15years I worked. I learned to hate the damn things. Someone asked "how do we get in touch with you when you're out of town or on vacation?" Exactly. Even harder now that I'm retired.

Another solution or partial one is to eliminate call spoofing. Where they make the call look like its down the road, but they've got a far east accent or barely speak "Engrish". So in response to the OP, I hate the bastards too.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FIFTY PERCENT OFF ON ATT AND DIRECT TV!!

This voicemail sounded legit, but a quick Google revealed another scam.

Posts: 17167 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Next one is getting either 1994 McLaren F1

I would love to hear an audio clip of this. One of the GOATS....I seem to remember one selling this year for 20 something million dollars. You'd be on recording stating value "uh, twenty two million dollars" and I'd pay to hear what the fucker says Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try "Nash Metropolitan" on them. Instant disconnect! Big Grin

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I would find it more acceptable if they indicated that they would keep calling until they speak to someone. But they keep saying that this will be last call. Liars.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I throw out various Ferrari models and listen to them fumble and then throw out my very first car, a 1976 Datsun B210, and then they really get flustered.

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I say: 'Thank God, the motor on my Aston Martin has just eaten a rod!'

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
We're giving one final chance before we close out your file... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8772 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Amen!! I just had a call today from those spammers and put it on my block list. Very annoying !!!!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27814 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad they're all recordings or you could have some fun with them.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Due to some unfortunate circumstances over the last few month I have had to answer my phone regardless of weather I recognize the number or not.
In the past if I did not recognize the number I let it go to voice mail.
Now that I have done this I get several calls a day sometimes, where in the past I might only have gotten one or two a week.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2552 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Too bad they're all recordings or you could have some fun with them.

Most of the recordings have a 'speak to an agent' option, if you're so inclined.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn't do any good to block the number , it's spoofed anyway .

Posts: 3967 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually, the car warranty calls will start as soon as you pick up - some will even keep talking to voicemail.

Some of the other calls, however, will cut off talking after about 5-10 seconds and hang up even if I've picked them up.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post