SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Don't order liquids through Amazon
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't order liquids through Amazon Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Roundup? Pay the extra 8 bucks next time.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If it leaked through a cap that was not tight, that really surprises me.

I say that because in my small -- really small -- business of renting carpet cleaning equipment, I also sell the cleaning products. I buy them in bulk concentrate, dilute per supplier's instructions, and bottle them. Even in my small business, I have a machine that applies a seal under the bottle cap, much like the seal under the cap of an aspirin jar. The seal won't leak if it is not broken, and it is protected from damage by the cap.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It doesn't have any sort of seal on the bottle. The cap has a spray attachment, and there's a hose that hangs from the cap into the interior of the bottle, so a typical foil-type seal like on many bottles wouldn't be feasible in that configuration.

They really ought to sell it with a foil seal and plain protective cap in place, and the spray-compatible cap included separately. That would be a better configuration for mail-order shipments.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I have ordered several liquids in quarts and gallons and not a problem.
I do quite a bit of ordering for my lathe hobby,gardening supplies and cleaners ,car care etc.
I guess I am just lucky

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
Like most replies in this thread, I find Amazon to be attentive to customer complaints, but make no mistake, Amazon lists each time you have quired them for replacement or refund and when you reach that magic number- BLAM - the door will shut.
We had a whiner bitching out Amazon on a local station demanding action and Amazon, at his request, exposed a litany of his efforts. End of story.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1199 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I have received several liquid items from Amazon without any issue. Sometimes, the bottle is taped around the lid and sealed in a plastic bag.

Regarding Roundup: I buy the concentrated generic brand from Tractor Supply or Home Depot. I think it is around 46% glyphosate. It is a lot less expensive than Roundup.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I use Amazon's subscribe & save for many household items and receive liquids monthly. Rarely a problem, but if there is they'll take care of it.

On regular Amazon, one thing I have learned is never order something heavy and something breakable at the same time (e.g. 18 lb bag of tomato fertilizer and parmesan chips). I have Amazon Prime so shipping is free and I'll just split the purchases by 6 or 8 hours.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
got a gallon of laundry detergent, a month ago , w/o indecent

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
got a gallon of laundry detergent, a month ago , w/o indecent

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am glad you were decent. Could have got you arrested.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post