SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Deplorable USAA saga continues
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deplorable USAA saga continues Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
The USAA saga of fuck ups continues yet anew.

I cancelled all my insurance with them back on 29 March after an 18 month long agonizing and painful experience with them addressing sever hail damage of my home.

Their policy is to disburse the subscriber's savings account in full after 6 months if all insurance is cancelled or the member passes. Being the trusting soul that I am, I called them today to inquire on the status of my >$5k payout. Turns out it was supposed to have been mailed to me on the 26th of this month but... yup... another fuck up. It didn't happen. Seems I'm not the only customer this has happened to. Some "system glitch." Roll Eyes Spent 62 minutes on the horn with them. They are still trying to fix things and "will get back to me."

And, oh yeah, for years and years (I've been a member for over 47 years), the annual subscriber savings dividend and later the additional senior members dividend would automatically be deposited to my checking account. Oh no, can't do that.. they have to mail this final amount to me. Fucktards! Mad

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Amazing. I canceled mine in March as well, mostly due to your issues with them, with a termination date of 1 May. In April we got hit with a severe thunderstorm. USAA paid up over $20k quickly. I ALMOST felt bad about canceling them until I remembered how much I was paying for their insurance. I canceled my Auto insurance at the same time. We will see how long before I get my Subscribers dividend.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I switched to American Family Insurance and have been very pleased thus far. Significantly less expensive too. Lots of neighbors, including military, have had them for years with claims quickly and fairly adjudicated. Nice to have great local agents for a change.

For continuity, here's my thread about the events that caused me to dump their insurance after almost 5 decades:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/9240064094/p/1

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I tried to join USAA. Told them I served 6 years in US Army during Cold war and was informed NO, since they took retire people only.

Years later, they contacted me and said changed rules and would take all honorable service vets.

I told them to piss off.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Many years ago I tried to join USAA. Told them I served 6 years in US Army during Cold war and was informed NO, since they took retire people only.

Years later, they contacted me and said changed rules and would take all honorable service vets.

I told them to piss off.

Around 15 years ago I tried to join them. Sent them emails, sent them PMs, called their number numerous times and got absolutely nothing in return.

I know that if I'm going to have problems giving them money, I'm definitely going to have problems getting money from them if I have a claim so I gave up and took my business elsewhere.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After several issues with them, I no longer recommend USAA to anyone.

Posts: 2362 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Everyone needs to review their insurers once every year or two. USAA has gotten really bad in recent years because their customers' loyalty has made USAA complacent. I was with them for almost 30 yrs and a miserable glass claim process pushed me over the edge. I went to Farmers. Shortly thereafter I was driving for Uber and Lyft and drove one of USAA's executives home from the airport. They have a campus in Phoenix. I was polite, but let him hear my story and he was very apologetic. I think he was happy to get home and out of my car.

Posts: 3523 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
They have been bad for a long time.
I got rear ended by one one of their policy holders on the Dulles Toll Road. She was reading a book while driving.

She hit my tank (1968 Chrysler Newport) and folded the right front fender. There wasn't even a scratch on my bumper other than the dirt wiped off.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Been with them for nearly 14 years now and they've gotten worse. Used to use them for insurance but switched to Progressive.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Still no word from USAA on my funds issuance. Roll Eyes Mad

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm on the horn with them yet again inquiring about where my funds are. What a clusterfuck they are. Mad

Whatever the glitch is that is holding up payment is still unresolved. They're upgrading the urgency - priority of the IT trouble ticket on my situation. Whoopie-do. Roll Eyes

Another 47 minutes of frustration....

USN (RET), COTEP #192

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
So you had a savings account with USAA and you knew they were going to close it 6 months after you cancelled your insurance with them. My question is, why wouldn't you just withdraw as much of the funds as you could before hand to avoid this situation in the first place? Is this some kind of special account with penalties for early withdrawals or something of the sort?

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a subscribers savings account. You can’t access it. They return it to you if you close your accounts. Or at least they are supposed to.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A demand letter from your friendly neighborhood lawyer?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Oh I still have the name and number of the CEO Office's Advocacy Team member who helped straighten out the Claims adjusters getting me my final claim payment. I am prepared to contact her again about this if it drags on much longer.

What really fries me is that in my day you took care of your customer / client / member with a manual override or such first and then worked to solve the system glitch. Here they're saying fix the system first and then take care of members impacted and inconvenienced. Eek Mad

USN (RET), COTEP #192

The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I've been a member for a half century. I dumped everything but insurance; credit card, bank and just stayed on their main line. I've had some issues though and resolution is not in their dictionary.

In March I finished restoring a car and the plan was to get it back on the road after a loooong time in the garage.

I have two cars insured by the co. so here we go. Not so fast bunky, glitch after transfer after disconnect I'm into the call a couple of hours. I escalated to a 'supervisor' same sad music-now keep in mind there is nothing going wrong they just...cant.
I finally got the 'Super Visor' to get me to a manager, almost. I was on hold for a half an hour and the Super told me that the Age would have to call me tomorrow.
"What time, I say, Just a minute she sez, She can't give a specific time, the super says. Pretty backwards business model I'd say.

I called Geico and had insurance from a new source in 40 minutes. The usaa manager didn't call me the next day. Same facts, better price, and somebody doing their job.

Pretty unbelievable. I have no idea why they couldn't get the job done at USAA but in my mind they aren't getting better they are getting worse.

Posts: 6387 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Engaged the CEO's Advocacy Team after once again being told like a broken record that the IT folks "were working on it and should have a solution in two days."

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Check has been cut and is in today's mail. Now to wait for it to show up. Roll Eyes

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I'll be prepared for November 1st.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I'll be prepared for November 1st.

They will NOT disburse the funds other than by check and USPS. And will not start the process until the full 6 months has elapsed. They'll validate your entitlement before cutting the check which can take several days.

If you need it I have the direct line phone number to the CEO's Advocacy Team.

USN (RET), COTEP #192