SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Deplorable USAA saga continues
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deplorable USAA saga continues Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I dropped them soon after moving to Alaska. Hit and run in the parking garage at work. Truck was towed, USAA lost it. Yes, they had no clue where it was for 3 weeks. It took me going to the dealership's lot and taking a selfie in front of my damaged truck on the Ford dealers lot with the dealership sign in the background and sending it to USAA to get it resolved.

Rental car reimbursement is only for 30 days. So with them losing my truck, it took longer than 30 days to get it back. When it started getting close to the 30 day mark, I called them and was ensured my rental car would be covered beyond the 30 day period. Finally got the truck back and got presented with a $600 bill from Enterprise that was beyond what USAA would reimburse. Called them and got the story of, "We're terribly sorry, but our representative should've never said that..."

Nervemind the fact that they, "Lost it" or would not stand behind their word I got stuck with the bill even after escalating up the supervisor ladder. Dropped them for everything, keep getting e-mail and snail from them to come back. They keep coming no matter how rude my response gets and that was almost 4 years ago.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Nervemind the fact that they, "Lost it" or would not stand behind their word I got stuck with the bill even after escalating up the supervisor ladder.

Frank,
That's the kind of shit that switches me into "beast mode" where I reach out to CEOs. I've yet to be brushed off after such salvos. Highly recommend you embrace such tactics in the future.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ffhounddog
posted Hide Post
USAA wanted to charge me $953 for 6 months of car insurance. I called Progressive and a few others. I went with Progressive same car insurance plan as USAA for $462 for 6 months.

Posts: 311 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The Subscriber's Account closure disbursement check arrived today. What a PITA this has been Roll Eyes

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
USAA just sent me my new premiums and they have gone up 33%. I have been driving for almost 30 years, have no late payments, have zero accident claims, no tickets in over a decade, good credit and drive a 33 year old vehicle less than 10k miles a year.

Fuck USAA.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

USAA just sent me my new premiums and they have gone up 33%. I have been driving for almost 30 years, have no late payments, have zero accident claims, no tickets in over a decade, good credit and drive a 33 year old vehicle less than 10k miles a year.

Fuck USAA.
Similar situation here with Travelers. No claims (other than Roadside Assistance). Got some competing quotes, can't really save anything significant by switching. Insurance industry-wide increases?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Insurance industry-wide increases?

They need $$$$ for those sporting events they sponsor, you know.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Fuck USAA.
Similar situation here with Travelers. No claims (other than Roadside Assistance). Got some competing quotes, can't really save anything significant by switching. Insurance industry-wide increases?

I got a quote from Gieco today for less than I was paying USAA before the increase.

I’ve never used Gieco and am still shopping around but I’ll be damned if I’m paying 33% more for a vehicle I barely drive.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just pissed away another 1.5 hours with them today.

For whatever reason their bill pay benefit feature that has worked flawlessly for decades has now shit the bed. When you set up a payment you want them to make for you it asks when you want the payment to arrive.

In the past if the bill was to be paid to an entity that couldn't accept funds electronically, a check would be mailed via USPS. It was always issued with sufficient time to ensure delivery by the arrival date the member requested. Of late the #$%^& are issuing and mailing payments on the arrival date ensuring late arrivals. This happened to me, ironically with a member here, the first week of September. We all thought it was some system hiccup. Now my property tax payment has seen the same crap.

It was exasperating trying to deal with USAA about this. First Tech support and the Bank CS got into a finger pointing match as to who should handle this. Finally it was determined that this was indeed a bank issue with their response to a web site customer-member input. I must have had to repeat the scenario over a half dozen times as the rep wanted to do everything from cancel the transaction (OMG! the check is in the mail you dithering nitwit and voiding it would put me in default with late penalty fees) to them contacting my county property tax people (for what they never clearly stated).

Given they mailed payment on 21 Oct I still have hopes it will arrive before the end of the month.

But it is abundantly clear they have no intention of fixing this as they simply recommended future payments where mail may be involved be scheduled with an "arrival" date 7 - 10 days before the actual timeframe payment needs to be received by the biller.

Have we been taken over by dimwits who not only can't make change as store clerks, but imbeciles who can't comprehend simple problems let alone muster the energy to attempt to see them fixed?

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I was with Allstate for several years and I had a local agent. I’ve realized that I don’t have that with USAA. My local agent occasionally contacted me with new offers or info, and whenever I had an issue I contacted the local agency.

I think I want that again. USAA didn’t bother to contact me when they decided to raise my rates 33%. They sent me an email telling me I had a message available on the app. I feel like my local Allstate agent would have called me to discuss such an increase.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was with Allstate for several years and I had a local agent . . . <snip> . . .I think I want that again.
That was an Allstate agent. Even better than a company agent, is an independent agent.

I use an independent agent. She shops the market for me and finds the best coverage at the best price. She is absolutely fantastic and has saved me thousands of dollars.

Your location shows Florida. Where in Florida? My agent's office is in Apopka, FL. If you'd like an introduction, I can arrange that easily; you can meet with her in person, or by telephone, text, or email. You can contact me via the email address in my profile.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post