SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ford Maverick.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford Maverick. Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I had a Ford Mustang II in the mid 70's with a 302. It put out maybe 150 HP. Overheated anytime the AC was on. Paint was total crap.

Not their best effort.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
I owned a Ford Maverick in the 70's. It was good reliable car. Inline 6 motor, simple and strong. Mine had an automatic transmission. It wasn't a fast car but it was a small beast. I used to drive it though 10 inches of mud to get to deer hunting spots.

An automatic, inline 6 Maverick was my wife's car in the seventies, too, excellent value.

I could tune and time it myself.

We bought a set of four economy tires from KMart that lasted forever.

Those were the days, my friends.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I had a '70 Maverick (first wife's car)
Then a '71 Pinto 2-door, followed by a '72 Pinto 2-door wagon (4-speed)...
After the divorce I had to sell my '76 911S Targa and get a '76 Ranchero... since 1977 I've been Ford free.

I could be talked into a Ford GT though.

Posts: 4027 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw one recently that had an msrp of $24k. That's pretty cheap considering today's inflated auto prices. In 2009 I bought a full size Dodge 1500 SLT for $24k.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3531 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I saw one recently that had an msrp of $24k. That's pretty cheap considering today's inflated auto prices. In 2009 I bought a full size Dodge 1500 SLT for $24k.

The base Maverick Hybrid seems like a slam dunk option for fleet use.
My dad is planning on putting an order in for one this weekend, I'm guessing a XLT Hybrid.
His main vehicle is a 2012 6.2l Yukon XL Denali.
He's been driving a Mini Convertible recently, that their shop picked up for cheap. Massive savings over the thirsty V8.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post