SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ford Maverick.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford Maverick. Login/Join 
Picture of schrack
posted
If any one lives near the plant, get them to build my Maverick!!!!!!
Almost a Year waithing.

Posts: 2488 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
If you go to the Ford Maverick website, you can sign up to get on the 2023 waiting list.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
I am already on that list,getting very frustrating, I wonder if I get interest on my deposit!!!!!!!
Sept. Of 2021!
Only bad thing its a four door truck with a short bed.
Hybrid is a good thing.
Enough about the Mouse!

Posts: 2488 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My dad is on 2 waitlists for a hybrid Mav.
I have been seeing more of them on the road, and a lot more big Broncos too.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Are these the Ranger now?

Why did they resurrect that name from the hall of bad Ford vehicles?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
My daughters fiancee just got his. He ordered it about a year or so ago.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Because Pinto... Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
LOL had a Pinto, once you drilled .032 hole in oil ports, it would not eat cams!
My Ranger had 250k. Was great.
Am looking forward to the Maverick,
Hybred.
Only thing that sucks 4 door and short bed.

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:

...Only thing that sucks 4 door and short bed.

I agree, a split front bench seat with 2' of storage behind and a 6' bed (even 5'-6") would be perfect.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7035 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
They made the first car I ever bought into a truck?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19575 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Because Pinto... Wink

Ian Rousell (car channel) made a pretty nice one.

Posts: 22849 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
LOL guess the gas tank would not explode!!
Cool Ride.

Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
My kid ordered one in December, it was supposed to be delivered June 13th. It's still not built yet with NO ETA on delivery.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
isn't it basically a Ford version of a Honda Ridgeline?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10407 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yes, similar, but a four door 40mpg hybrid that has a msrp of around $20 grand for the base model.

Posts: 26847 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
Just got the word from my Ford Dealer being Pulled to be built should be here by Sept.
Should I hold my Breath That is One Year.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Because Pinto... Wink

Posts: 27815 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
isn't it basically a Ford version of a Honda Ridgeline?

There's a thread in the Lounge asking about interior dimensions of the Maverick vs. Ridgeline. Sounds like if you're a normal size non-Asian person you may not fit, and certainly won't in back.

Ford expects people will buy it instead of a compact sedan because--hey! everybody wants a truck.

Posts: 18010 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I owned a Ford Maverick in the 70's. It was good reliable car. Inline 6 motor, simple and strong. Mine had an automatic transmission. It wasn't a fast car but it was a small beast. I used to drive it though 10 inches of mud to get to deer hunting spots.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8633 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid, my older sister’s boyfriend had a Maverick with a 351 and a lot of work done to it. It was a very memorable car. First time I had really gone fast or felt what powerful acceleration was.

Why resurrect a name and completely change the vehicle from what it was? Why not just give it a new name?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post