SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    NOT enjoying my iPhone 12 experience
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOT enjoying my iPhone 12 experience Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have an iPhone 11 and getting real annoyed with the auto screen brightness.

Some times it not as bright or dark as I like. If I adjust the brightness slider you take it out of auto mode. To switch back to auto mode its 4 levels deep under the accessibility option. Why is it not under display/brightness option. Why is not an option I can add to my swipe down menu?

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Been 3 months since i started this thread and still haven’t found any love for this device.

When resizing the screen or turn it sideways it will do as it pleases, most times leaving the margins and some text out of sight. “Normally” leaving the board members names and avatars out of sight.
The scroll bars or are they just indicators(?) scare me. They look like dead pixels and can be used to scroll, WTF?

Turning the screen sideways in landscape mode does not work as it, in my opinion, should.
Sometimes i’m stuck with it, specially when i want to turn something off and i want the screen vertically to better handle the controls.

Editing simple text is a Royal PITA.

Counting the days before i can get rid of it without having an argument with the spousal unit.

Most definitely, going back to Android.
Had 4 iphones before this one and only an Android right before.
I believe i’m an Android guy. This iPhone made up my mind.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Let’s start off with having to press twice as many keys as needed for my email address and passwords because the numbers, @, period are not accessible on the first page of the keyboard.

That happens, but it depends on the program you're entering the email address for, which tells me that differences in apps cause the problem, not the iPhone.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
For those of you who miss the Home button on newer iPhones:

Settings -> Accessibility -> Touch -> Assistive Touch

This will place a pseudo Home button on the lower right portion of the screen, that gives fast access shortcuts to a number of useful functions, including a solution for Nismo's problem (in the post just before this one).

Give it a try. You can always turn it back off if you don't like it.

Got excited when I read this. Was hoping I could get it to add the functionality like an Android where you have BACK, HOME, and open apps. Only adds home button and a bunch of useless crap.

Iphone copies every feature Android does, but the one that would give it the most usefulness, nope, not going to do that one.

Edit, I played some more and you can turn off all the crazy options for that button. Now it's single tap for home, double tap for 'app switcher app'. Better, still would kill for a back button, that was not in the list of options unfortunately.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one...

My first iPhone was a 3GS. Since then, I've had a 5S, 7, XS, and now 12Pro.

The 12Pro is by far the least friendly (and buggiest) iPhone I've had.

Either my fingers have gotten fatter, or the keyboard has gotten smaller. Either way, typing is an unusual PITA on this thing.

The auto-dimming and screen rotation are possessed by a demon.

It drops or loses signal in a significant way on a semi-regular basis. (It's not the carrier - toggling in/out of airplane mode to reset the cell connection always fixes it.)

I'm just unimpressed.

Fortunately, I guess, the lightning port is acting up. Won't stay connected consistently. I've tried multiple cables. It's the port, which I've cleaned with no improvement.

So... 13Pro, here I come, and hoping for better.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Let’s start off with having to press twice as many keys as needed for my email address and passwords because the numbers, @, period are not accessible on the first page of the keyboard.

That happens, but it depends on the program you're entering the email address for, which tells me that differences in apps cause the problem, not the iPhone.

The only app I regularly enter my email address in is Safari. So fine, it's not Apple's iPhone, but it's Apple's iOS or Apple's Safari, your choice.

I agree with 0-0 whole heartedly. Text editing was the one thing that used to work well on Apple devices. Not on the iPhone 12. Really, I've given up. I used to be able to get through a day subbing with just one device, my phone. Now I have to bring my tablet just to take attendance.

I use my phone for phone calls, reading emails, reading and responding to texts, taking a few pictures here and there and that's about it. It's capable of so much more, but I don't have time to dink around with it.

quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I'm glad I'm not the only one...

You aren't. When I can ask a 6 classrooms of teenagees how to do something with my 12Pro and not one of the can answer, I know it's not just me.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
There wasn’t a damn thing wrong with my 6+. I loved the size and it did everything I needed to do. Except have security updates anymore.

I bought a SE 2 to replace it and it was ok but too small. Replaced it with an 11 which has been a PITA to learn.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post