SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Drove to and from south Florida recently
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drove to and from south Florida recently Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
Enough said! Florida shithead drivers park in the passing lane going 70-75 tops and most will not move over for ANYONE! I developed a severe case tourettes while driving. Also those SOB truck drivers were everywhere! I know they are necessary, but these new drivers just suck at their jobs! Germany has certain roads made just for truckers, no cars allowed and they aren't allowed with cars on certain roads. I would pay extra tax for that!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Some routes are worse than others but yeah, there are a lot of terrible drivers around here.

I was just in Orlando near Disney and almost lost my mind.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
That area is terrible. Many people driving in that area, to and from the attractions, most of them not locals (whether out of state or Florida), not familiar with the area, trying to figure out how to get where they're going. Mix that with commuter traffic for Orlando, and the main east-west route across the center of the state, and that is the perfect recipe for a shit stew.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Yep a lot of shithead drivers retire and move here.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I picked up a couple acronyms that describe the people the OP is talking about when I lived in Wisconsin: FIBs or FISHTABs. Fucking Illinois Bastards or Fucking Illinois Shit Heads Towing A Boat. Of course when they get to old to screw up traffic in Wisconsin, they go to Florida.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Some routes are worse than others but yeah, there are a lot of terrible drivers around here.

Oh, yeah I think fully 50% of the bad drivers are transplants for sure.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Oh, yeah I think fully 50% of the bad drivers are transplants for sure.
Transplants or transients (tourists). Visitors who are not sure about how to get where they want to go. They tend to drive slowly, looking for signs, and make sudden lane changes ("OOPS! There's my exit!").

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Nice to know this goes on elsewhere. I've been convinced that many southern Colorado drivers behave in such a way as to piss off as many people as possible.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I picked up a couple acronyms that describe the people the OP is talking about when I lived in Wisconsin: FIBs or FISHTABs. Fucking Illinois Bastards or Fucking Illinois Shit Heads Towing A Boat. Of course when they get to old to screw up traffic in Wisconsin, they go to Florida.

That’s funny. My first wife was from Manitowoc and she made a comment about the FISH. She explained it to me. Usually in reference to FISH headed up to Door County for vacation or Green Bay if da’ Bears were playing the Pack at Lambeau.

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice to know this goes on elsewhere. I've been convinced that many southern Colorado drivers behave in such a way as to piss off as many people as possible.
Tourists / visitors not familiar with the area?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s funny. My first wife was from Manitowoc and she made a comment about the FISH. She explained it to me. Usually in reference to FISH headed up to Door County for vacation or Green Bay if da’ Bears were playing the Pack at Lambeau.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
In the winter they barhop in their snowmobiles crossing busy rural roads or running through the fields. Each year one runs headfirst into a tree or is decapitated by barbed wire.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

A few years ago, I was returning from Door County. Before I could cross the Cheddar Curtain back into Illinois, I got stopped for speeding.

The officer gave me a warning. He said: ‘We love having visitors from Illinois. But, we’d rather have you spend your money at our restaurants, hotels and other businesses, than on speeding tickets. So, please slow down’. Smile

ETA: The wife and I have been visiting FL every winter for a few years now. My biggest beef is blue-haired drivers who pull out from side streets without bothering to check oncoming traffic.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
What exactly is the LEGAL limit for exceeding the posted?

What is the legal limit for passing?

Hint: I know because the judge let me know really quick what it is.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Tourists / visitors not familiar with the area?

Perhaps a small portion. Pueblo is a downsizing old steel town, and we don't get any tourism. I've observed many unexplainable driving habits in this town. The old drift to the right and turn on your left hand turn signal is a favorite. Trying to merge with freeway traffic doing 30 miles an hour resulting in that driver having to come to a full stop on the ramp about 30 percent of the time. This practice resulted in the worse accident I've ever been involved. I stopped before I hit said motorist at a full stop, but the guy behind me plowed both of us. Doing 10 mph under the speed limit in the left lane is something I encounter every day. And, someone rocketing past you only to get into your lane and slow down. All are common in southern Colorado.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You could change out "Florida" for "Western Washington" everywhere in this thread and not be wrong. Having lived in both places, I find they're about equally bad.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
You could change out "Florida" for "Western Washington" everywhere in this thread and not be wrong. Having lived in both places, I find they're about equally bad.

Or "anywhere on I-40" and be accurate as well. Also, MS has signs posted everywhere up and down I-55 as well informing that state law requires you to stay in the right lane unless overtaking slower traffic, but apparently it's hard to make out... on every sign... every mile or so. Mad

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The FISH designation is in use here in the Yoop, especially during tourist season.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
Enough said! Florida shithead drivers park in the passing lane going 70-75 tops and most will not move over for ANYONE! I developed a severe case tourettes while driving. Also those SOB truck drivers were everywhere! I know they are necessary, but these new drivers just suck at their jobs! Germany has certain roads made just for truckers, no cars allowed and they aren't allowed with cars on certain roads. I would pay extra tax for that!

They aren’t “Florida drivers”—but assholes from NY/NJ/CT/PA/MA who don’t know how to drive properly and believe they have to speed to every red light…let’s not forget their inability to merge on to a highway or the proper use of the left lane (“you’ll go as fast as I am”)

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trapper189:

ETA: The wife and I have been visiting FL every winter for a few years now. My biggest beef is blue-haired drivers who pull out from side streets without bothering to check oncoming traffic.

Lost a friend last summer. Riding down highway 41 on his Harley when an old guy pulled out of a side street without looking. Dragged Jim and his bike 400 feet down the road before stopping. Told the police that he was late for a doctors appointment and was in a hurry.

Posts: 57 | Location: Southwest Florida  | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Dade county, I often cursed the "Q Tips" in their Cadillac's who pulled out of a side street onto fast traffic with out looking.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post