SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Raylan Givens Defined My Day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raylan Givens Defined My Day Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
quote:
Raylan Givens:

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.
Yesterday was my day to run into assholes all day.
  • Asshole # 1: Residential neighborhood, posted at 35 mph. Guy on an electric bike (probably not our own Stickman) comes out of a side street as if the stop sign on his street was not there, misses my car by inches, continues on his way. Totally absorbed in the phone that is clipped to a holder on the handlebar.

• Asshole # 2: Express checkout at the grocery (10 items max). Woman has a loaded cart. I lost count somewhere around 30 items and she was still putting stuff on the conveyor.

• Asshole # 3: Restaurant that does quite a bit of take-out business, as well as eat-in. Picked up some stuff to go, hobbled toward the exit with take-out bag in one hand, cane in the other. Encountered sort of a choke point between a table and a wall. Woman at the table had a knee scooter next to her. I said, fairly softly, "uh, you're blocking the aisle." She ignored that and kept shoveling food into her mouth as fast as she could scoop it off the plate. I tried to walk through, lost my balance while trying to avoid her scooter, I crashed into the wall opposite her table. Recovered, and continued out, while shaking my head. The guy with her jumped up from the table and started following me toward the door, berating me in a loud voice. They were both in their 60s. I am 6'3" and 200 lbs. The guy, who was wearing a USMC Veteran cap, was a bit taller than I am, and looked to be about 50 lbs. heavier. He had the appearance and demeanor of the schoolyard bully grown older. I kept going, thinking to myself, "I came in here with 17 rounds of .45 ACP. I hope I still have them all when I leave."
Not even going to discuss the clerk at the pharmacy who gave me a giant run-around when I made a relay call to ask whether my Rx meds were ready for pickup (I'm hearing impaired, so if I absolutely need to make a telephone call, I make an internet connection to a relay operator who speaks and listens to the other party, and types back and forth with me). Simple question, is my order ready for pickup? A one-word answer is sufficient: "yes" or "no."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will help out here. Glad you had a nice day! No worries. LOL

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I will help out here. Glad you had a nice day! No worries. LOL

Maybe today is a better day for him.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well, you still get to post here and did not waste any ammo on folks who I define as a "waste of the life force."

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You had a lot better day than I have had over the last month. Nobody's fault but my own for not moving out of the area.

On the bright side, one of the people I worked for that took credit for all my work tried to kill his wife with a candlestick holder. Yes, he was a Marine...you have to wonder what has happened to this great country.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not even going to discuss the clerk at the pharmacy who gave me a giant run-around when I made a relay call to ask whether my Rx meds were ready for pickup (I'm hearing impaired, so if I absolutely need to make a telephone call, I

VT are you using Publix for your scripts, if so download their Pharmacy App, you can create an account, load up your prescription numbers and then refill them from it, get notices they are ready by text, they are pretty good at it.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

are you using Publix for your scripts, if so download their Pharmacy App, you can create an account, load up your prescription numbers
Prescription number is available for a refill, but not for a first-time Rx.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

• Asshole # 2: Express checkout at the grocery (10 items max). Woman has a loaded cart. I lost count somewhere around 30 items and she was still putting stuff on the conveyor.

• My pastor gave a pretty good sermon on Sunday about, and I'm paraphrasing, "love thy neighbor" including the assholes. He mentioned your example #2. The 10 commandments seem a whole lot easier. I can get by with not killing her, but noooooo! I have to love her.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by trapper189:
    quote:
    Originally posted by V-Tail:

• My pastor gave a pretty good sermon on Sunday about, and I'm paraphrasing, "love thy neighbor" including the assholes. He mentioned your example #2.
    Self-centered "neighbors" like this one do not need my love. They clearly love themselves. Any additional love would be superfluous and probably not even noticed.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
    Sorry you ran into so many tools in one day V-Tail.

I hope the evening was better and I hope to meet you one-day.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post