SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Monoprice not shipping half order, no customer service whatsoever.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monoprice not shipping half order, no customer service whatsoever. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
I ordered a bunch of items to wire some of my house with Cat 8 cable. All the items were listed as in stock. 2 items shipped right away and the rest are listed as pending. However, FedEx shows me tracking with the old "label created".

Companies don't usually create a label for out of stock items. It's been 2 weeks and nothing has changed. Monoprice chat online never gets an agent. Multiple messages through their website gone unanswered, phone now has 45 minute wait. I'm about to dispute the charges with my credit card although they charged once for the entire order so no idea how to dispute part of the charge.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My experience with Monoprice customer no-service was not good.

A Monoprice cable failed. Website showed that the cable had a lifetime warranty. Customer no-service rep wanted a copy of the purchase receipt. Who in the world keeps receipts for everything purchased?

I pointed out that
  1. The website said "lifetime warranty," with no mention of any requirement for receipt, and

2. The cable was clearly a Monoprice cable; the Monoprice logo was imprinted on the connector.
The customer no-service reps response was on the order of "you don't have a receipt? Tough shit."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
All this is sad to see Frown Monoprice used to be my go-to source for audio, video, and network cables and connectors.

Maybe not so much, anymore.

frayedends: I would contact my CC issuer and ask them for guidance. Maybe you can dispute part of the charge?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I stopped using them when they tried to charge me something like 2 or 3 times the cost of the cable I was trying to order for shipping.

NOPE. I'll just go to Amazon now.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I have bought from Sewell direct but its been several years.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
I was told they were / are moving warehouses.

Placed an order 08/29 of in stock items.
Still hadn't shipped 09/08. E-mail Customer Service.
On 09/10 was told I would have the order 09/11.
On 09/14 shipped hadn't shipped.
On 09/15 received an e-mail saying I would receive the order by 09/20.
It looks like the order finally shipped anyway.

I've been ordering from them for years.
I'll look elsewhere next time.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Typical chinese rip-off artists.

Your surprise surprises me.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I got no update and no replies to emails. I cancelled the order via chat yesterday.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post