SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Looks like I have to go to a department store.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like I have to go to a department store. Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
It’ll be the first time in about 20 years since I’ve been to a department store like macys and the like.

I tried prime but only saw a list of 20+ pages of prc branded and made shit.

I’m looking for a first world brand made anywhere but prc. USA or Europe preferably.

I wonder if they’ve changed much.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12742 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They do not have the big rotating fan and have gone to Air Conditioning. The catalogue counter is gone too and there are NO knowledgeable sales people except at the jewelry counter.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I honestly didn’t even know what department stores were around locally. Seems like Macy’s JCPenney and Nordstrom. I’ll probably hit Nordstrom first - I’m guessing best shit at avoiding prc.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12742 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
avoiding prc.

Good luck

I bought a $70 Tommy Bahama shirt the other day there, PRC. You might find some from Vietnam, India or Bangladesh

Check link to article listing US made menswear

https://toddshelton.com/blog/a...made-clothing-brands

Posts: 5340 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
What are you shopping for? You didn't specify.

You don't necessarily have to go to a physical store just because you couldn't find it on Amazon... There are a huge number of online stores other than Amazon, many of which offer non-Chinese products.

Besides, just because you go to a physical store in person isn't a guarantee that the products there aren't going to be made in China too.

Posts: 32534 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
You know, you're right. I could've sworn I did but it clearly shows I didn't.

I'm shopping for tablecloths. Smile I don't know what online stores to consider other than department stores (I really don't shop much); so I decided to just go brick and mortar. I can check the material and pattern first hand then as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
If I were going to a brick & mortar for something like that, I'd go to Bed Bath & Beyond. Be sure to bring their 20% off coupon.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23297 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Table cloths. Cloth for tables.

Table clothes. Clothing to be worn at a table?

Posts: 13050 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Table cloths. Cloth for tables.

Table clothes. Clothing to be worn at a table?

LoL!!! ROFL. Absent minded, not paying attention.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
If I were going to a brick & mortar for something like that, I'd go to Bed Bath & Beyond. Be sure to bring their 20% off coupon.

Thanks!!

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
A table cloth? You couldn't find one online?

BTW Bed,Bath and Beyond is about to go tits up

Posts: 5340 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Not on prime that wasn’t sold by a prc brand / company and made in prc. Pages and pages of the prc stuff. I figure department store is best bet.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
A quick Google showed a bunch of options for Made in USA tablecloths available for online ordering.

https://www.oldechurchemporium...homespun-tablecloths

https://www.tableclothworld.com/

https://www.linoto.com/kitchen-dining/

https://sweetpealinens.com/

https://www.homespuntablecloths.com/

https://www.roughlinen.com/col...blecloths-collection

And that's just from the first page of results.

Even including some options from Amazon. (Using the "Made in USA" filter on the left hand side.)

https://www.amazon.com/Handmad...zNWOvpbMIT3clDY0Hne0

Posts: 32534 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
You might have good results at a Williams Sonoma store.

Look in the clearance corner for sure.

I really like the Home Goods Stores LINK and BTW I have bought a lot of All Clad there. Surely there are multiples near you. Store Locator LINK

Posts: 11858 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I’ll take a look and see if they have anything that fits my wife’s pattern, color and material preferences.

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
BTW Bed,Bath and Beyond is about to go tits up

They went woke and are now going broke.

Idiots like these are slow learners.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5483 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vermont Country Store
search for "tablecloth"
Filter for "Made in USA"

https://www.vermontcountrystor...e-in-the-usa-kitchen

Good hunting!

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2071 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Yes I found that site. I think I found one to buy, just waiting for it to come back in stock.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Seems like every time I try to google for an item made in America half the stuff that pops up comes from somewhere else....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post