SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    How is it that USPS Priority not a scam?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is it that USPS Priority not a scam? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Ooh, "Priority". What's so "Priority" about it? There is absolutely no priority about this particular service. It's a total gimmick. More expensive than First-Class. I routinely have had First-Class arrive faster than Priority. And there's no money back guarantee. At least their Express mail comes with a money back guarantee. Assholes!

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Priority was ok when it was $5.25 for a small box & most deliveries were in 2 days. I use Pirate Ship & get commercial rates for USPS & UPS. First class comes with tracking & small items are $4 to $5.

https://ship.pirateship.com/

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
At least when I have something shipped to me by Priority Mail, it does eventually show up.

The lazy bastards at FedEx are 0 for 3.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Been like that for years.

More than a dozen years ago a local TV station Gal reporter sent out 5 First Class and 5 Priority pieces of mail at the same time to 5 people she knew across the US. The 5 First Class units arrived 1 to 2 days before the 5 Priority pieces. Lesson was don't waste your money on Priority mail.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to read the small print where the word Low is printed in front of Priority.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I ship packages regularly as part of my small business and I can confirm that for packages, priority and first class generally take the same about of transit time.

The only differences as far as I can tell is priority comes with a basic insurance, does not have a weight limit, and you can get free shipping boxes for them.

As a rule of thumb for me anything that’s small enough to be shipped by FC should be sent as such, no advantage sending it priority.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
I ship packages regularly as part of my small business and I can confirm that for packages, priority and first class generally take the same about of transit time.

The only differences as far as I can tell is priority comes with a basic insurance, does not have a weight limit, and you can get free shipping boxes for them.

As a rule of thumb for me anything that’s small enough to be shipped by FC should be sent as such, no advantage sending it priority.

that's what I do as well,

using a shipper service (print at the shop) recommended to me by the post office,

majority goes FC or if over a lb, Priority,

quicker than UPS Ground,

better insurance,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Twice I made the mistake of sending money Priority mail to get it there faster... the first one took a month, they got better on the 2nd one it was only two weeks. These were both Priority envelopes... seems they tend to do a bit better with packages.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A registered insured letter almost
Cost me $20.00.

Not a box or package a business envelope

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I must have been lucky this year. I sent several Priority Mail boxes and they all arrived in record time. The winner was one that made it from central Illinois to Los Angeles in 2 days. Others made it to Dallas and South Dakota, most in 2 days one took 3 due to 25 inches of snow and winds gusting to 50.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I must have been lucky this year. I sent several Priority Mail boxes and they all arrived in record time. The winner was one that made it from central Illinois to Los Angeles in 2 days. Others made it to Dallas and South Dakota, most in 2 days one took 3 due to 25 inches of snow and winds gusting to 50.

We've had good luck with incoming USPS mail, but I've sent several outgoing packages, including a couple to forum members, that really took a circuitous tour of the country before finally getting there. I normally use First Class over Priority if the item is light enough.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I now use their small Priority boxes, mask everything external and ship First Class. Cut the fee in half.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post