SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Trade zombies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trade zombies Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Post ANYTHING for sale...

“Trades?”

“Looking for trades?”

“What trades are you interested in?”

“TRADES?!?!?!?”

Why? What do you think the chances are that I want your old crap? Yeah, I'm super interested in your AK wood furniture, chinese made red dot, and your take-off glock factory trigger.

Seriously, what are the odds you have something that I am looking for? Why are people so compelled to try and trade? If you want what I have for sale, sell your crap (if its worth anything) and buy it from me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Oh, man. It was terrible on Armslist back in the day.

You'd post a gun for sale, and you'd get inundated with emails like:

"I have a nice condition size X-Small leather jacket and three stock wheels off a 1984 Ford F150 I'll trade you!"

(And yes, that's the gist of an actual trade offer I received.)

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The will you accept X payment in lieu of what you have very specifically laid out is the one that bugs me.
“No I am not taking prize goats at this time and I understand this is a gift for your nephew whose birthday is in 2 days but I’m still not taking PayPal or big coin…….you will be giving the little tyke the best gift ever by teaching him cash is king. Smile

I even had a dude many years ago ask for me to ship directly to them and it would be fine because we would both just keep it on the down low. Roll Eyes sure buddy. Hell I’ll throw in a little heroin too as a thank you gift.

I hate people. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I dunno with the price of eggs, I might consider a trade for some laying hens.....

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ LOL giggle snort guffaw !!! ^^^^^

When something is funny, search for the hidden truth.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could see it if you specifically said, "Trade offers considered." Otherwise, you'd think it was clear that you wanted, maybe, money.

Sidetrack:

A website I saw yesterday had laying hens starting at about $25 and going up from there.

You want a cool black hen? That one was $90 plus.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Equally puzzling to me is people who don't want to sell, they just want to trade. For something. Maybe they don't even know what.

"But.. I have money to trade you and you can buy whatever you want!"

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post