SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Assembly instructions... why only pictures?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Assembly instructions... why only pictures? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Then again my owners manual for my 2021 Nissan is like 450 pages long with 4 pages defining what exactly the "danger" pictogram means. And I still can't get the radio to work the way I want.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
Manufacturers getting too many calls on their help lines from illiterate people so they figured cartoons would minimize that???

You mean "graphic novels"?

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
Then again my owners manual for my 2021 Nissan is like 450 pages long with 4 pages defining what exactly the "danger" pictogram means. And I still can't get the radio to work the way I want.

The manual for my 2021 Ford Bronco Sport is 466 pages long.

Unbelievable. I can get the radio to work the way I want, though, but it took me a month to figure out all the driver side controls.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

It was a while ago, but I don't remember any Walmarts there. At times, we called it "the land of no hay.

Walmart/Costco dominates the market here. They must have bought up other food chains like Amigos and Famcoop because both those chains use Walmart self checkout/payment processing machines and there's a lot of the same brands found at Walmart that can be had in those stores. Today I think I saw someone in Amigos wearing a Walmart vest.

Posts: 790 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

It was a while ago, but I don't remember any Walmarts there. At times, we called it "the land of no hay.
Walmart/Costco dominates the market here. They must have bought up other food chains like Amigos and Famcoop because both those chains use Walmart self checkout/payment processing machines and there's a lot of the same brands found at Walmart that can be had in those stores. Today I think I saw someone in Amigos wearing a Walmart vest.
As I said, it was quite a while ago, but I remember that when I lived there the major player in grocery supermarkets was the Pueblo chain.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Pictograph assembly instructions like you see with IKEA products is done so they can print ONE assembly manual instead of having to print them in numerous languages for all the countries these products are sold in.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Who reads Assembly destructions? Big Grin

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
This is how they 'fixed' all the internet post about the poor translations into English by some Chinese 'interpreter'

The craziest one is the instructions that come with a DJI drone... it is a 4 page 'booklet' of pictures ... the book is 2"x3". First you need a magnifying glass to start and try to determine what the pictures mean.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Pictograph assembly instructions like you see with IKEA products is done so they can print ONE assembly manual instead of having to print them in numerous languages for all the countries these products are sold in.
This. I recently bought a Braun electric shaver. The English instructions were 8 pages long. They were duplicated into 13 other languages and 125 pages. I often remove the non-English pages of manuals since I don't want or need them.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post