SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Suntrust Bank: "There is something different about your login" UPDATE: fired
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suntrust Bank: "There is something different about your login" UPDATE: fired Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
No there isn't. It's the same goddamned computer I've had for 6 years. OK, e-mail me a passcode. I get the e-mail, but there's nothing in it. Might be time for a new bank if this keeps up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Suntrust

[Lurch] UUUuuuuggghhhh... [/Lurch]

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
[Clark Howard]Great Big Giant MegaBanks[/Clark Howard]

Pro: Convenience. Branches all over the place.

Con: Everything else.
We had four accounts with SunTrust: business accounts, one each for my wife and me, and personal accounts, again one each.

After twenty years, new "service charges" started appearing. I went into the branch near my house.

Me: "What are all these six dollar charges that I'm seeing, all of a sudden?"

Bank Dudette: "Oh, we changed the terms of those accounts."

Me: "You're fired!"

It took us less than an hour to move all accounts to a credit union. Bye-bye, SunTrust!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I had that issue a few times a while back. They tweaked a few things online a few months ago and I believe it messed up their log in application. I haven’t had that issue in a while.

I did get the issue mainly when logging in from a different device, phone vs tablet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I've been using a VPN the last few weeks and it seems my machine is now unrecognizable to many sites I've been to before. Not surprised though.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
No there isn't. It's the same goddamned computer I've had for 6 years. OK, e-mail me a passcode. I get the e-mail, but there's nothing in it. Might be time for a new bank if this keeps up.

Before I closed my Suntrust account years ago I got several phising emails. Looked authentic.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just about every time Apple releases a new firmware, I'll get a message when accessing my account at my institution that it is sending a verification code - which it does to the same device that I'm using.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I get that every time from Chase. "We don't recognize this computer..." GOOD! I don't want you to. I guess we're never supposed to delete their cookies. Roll Eyes

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have had this happen with other banks where I have credit card accounts. I could have lived with it if not for getting the passcode e-mails with no passcode. Also, I logged in today on a computer I use at work but only rarely for personal business of this type, and no flag was put on it.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My clients have asked for bank recommendations. My answer is "No good banks exist, only some are not as bad as others".

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've had the same problem.... and have not been able to fix it for over a month. Now I will admit I've only called customer service once.... I hate being left on hold for minutes and having to go through all those questions....

and yes... the same exact problem.. and the same computer and login name and password for a couple of years....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
My local Suntrust branches have folks that know me by name. They probably wouldn't if they would ever make a working mobile app for business accounts that allows you to remotely deposit checks. Once I discovered that feature for my personal account, I find it annoying they are unable to make that feature work for business accounts even in the year 2019.....I have been with Suntrust since it acquired my Crestar accounts around 1999.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I closed the account and joined a local credit union last week. We'll see how it works out.

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Good move. I've been much happier after moving to my local credit union.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
We quit using banks a long time ago. We only use credit union. Why? The freaking bank we were using bounced a check for us. I went charging in to the place and asked why they bounced the check and what the hell was that $25 charge?

Got a bunch of BS. Told them I was going to close my account"S".

The clerk decided she was God almighty, got huffy. Ended up with the manager who got apologetic as hell when he discovered I was talking about closing an account with more than $70K in it. We had sold a second house and parked the money there until we decided what to do with it. Been credit unions ever since.

Even prior to that, while in the army in Germany, we were using the on base banks. American Express. They had branches on many bases, so were easy to get to.

Assholes in the closest branch to where we were stationed was in Giessen. I was sent on temporary duty on an audit team, and needed to carry some cash to pay for food. Went into the branch at the military hospital in Frankfurt to cash a $25 check. They actually called the HQ in downtown to see if I had money in the bank. HQ told them I did not. I told them to call the HQ and tell them I was coming down to close my accounts. Next stop was at the HQ to close my account. As we, my partner and I, walked up to the front door, the manager saw my name tag (he was waiting for me). Very apologetic, I really didn't want to close my accounts, etc. Wrong!

I closed all our accounts (several 1000s) put the cash in a large envelope while my buddy was closing his accounts. Took it all right across the street, deposited the cash, got new checkbooks, with promised new checkbooks with names, etc on the checks. My partner had sold a 150 acre plot in the south USA and had more than 100K in his account.

Funny part was that when I needed cash I went to the on post AMEX and they cashed the checks without phone calls to verify the check.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elk Hunter,

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post