SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Oh car dealer service department why I hate thee
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh car dealer service department why I hate thee Login/Join 
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
How would a tech know it needed to be replaced if he hadn't pulled it out for inspection?

They don't, they're trained to con and upsell, not be honest.

Had my annual A/C checkup done by a certain outfit around 7 years ago. The guy comes down from my attic and says my fan bearings are shot and the fan cage is going to come off at any minute. He then says that just by chance he has one in his van and it's only $600.00. I told him to get off my property and not come back.

6 years later I replaced the whole A/C as it was getting old and parts were hard to find. Just out of curiosity I asked the guy doing the install how the bearings were on the old fan. He said they were fine, in great shape for such an old unit.

I think I had the same outfit come out to check my AC today to keep the warranty valid. The tech said the integrated fan/motor/controller was going. So I checked and the parts were covered under the warranty, but the labor wasn’t. I asked how much the labor would be, and he told me $520! So I asked how long it would take, as it is almost 100F today. “Half an hour”. I told him there was no way I was paying over $1K an hour for removing 4 bolts and unplugging a connector, and to have the main office call me.

I don’t expect to hear from them, the crooks.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post