SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Once again I have been certified
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Once again I have been certified Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
as a perfect asshole.

Colonoscopy today. In the process of confirming that I was the correct patient the OR Nurse asked me what I was in for. I said "You're about to shove 4 feet of garden hose up my ass."

She looked at me for a second and then said "How did you know we had a contract with Home Depot?"

Nurse with a sense of humor...whadda concept!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Personally, I'm not a complete asshole.

Parts of me are missing.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you get any polaroid photos of your innards? I did! Considered framing them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Did you get any polaroid photos of your innards? I did! Considered framing them.

I asked about a CD of the video. Maybe they'll mail it to me.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

I asked about a CD of the video. Maybe they'll mail it to me.

It's actually fascinating to see how the structures that move your food through your system are built. Had to sit in on one on an inmate after he swallowed some cable connectors and co-ax cable.

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Yowsa!

Some jobs I'll pass on.

As for me, I passed on the camera and did the poop in a bucket... which I think is actually better... seems what they do with your poop is look for Cancer DNA traces.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I woke up from mine and the anesthesiologist asked if i was alright? I told her i was fine but i came in for a tonsillectomy so why did my a$$ hurt?

Posts: 93 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's actually fascinating to see how the structures that move your food through your system are built. Had to sit in on one on an inmate after he swallowed some cable connectors and co-ax cable.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A friend of mine who is an engineer asked to be fully awake so he could view his colon. He even got a copy of the video.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m.p.driver:
I woke up from mine and the anesthesiologist asked if i was alright? I told her i was fine but i came in for a tonsillectomy so why did my a$$ hurt?

Hah! I hope I can remember that one when my next ride is due in 7 years. Assuming I'm still here in 7 years...

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

my next ride is due in 7 years
My primary care doc told me that if the colonoscopy shows no problems, additional ones after age 75 are not needed.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
My son still laughs at picking me up from the hospital after a colonoscopy and witnessing the nurse inform us that I couldn't leave until I farted. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
the OR Nurse

Not to be rude but that nurse was not an OR Nurse, they were an Endoscopy Nurse. As someone with many years of OR experience I can tell you that OR nurses don't have a sense of humor. Frankly they are like storm troopers, they say very little, follow orders to a T and have zero sense of humor or personality. Any other form of nursing requires a sense of humor/personality but not the OR.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
My primary care doc told me that if the colonoscopy shows no problems, additional ones after age 75 are not needed.

Same here, but A) I'm 71 and B) they removed one polyp this time and 3 last time. So one more for me.

posted Hide Post
Had mine done three years ago at age 60. History of cancer in the family so I was actually 10 years too late. Procedure was a breeze, even the prep the night before wasn't too bad. Found a tiny polyp, not cancerous. Doctor said see you in 10 years. If nothing else, it was worth the peace of mind.

Posts: 653 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post