SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Campfires
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Campfires Login/Join 
posted
I like a good firepit as much as the next guy but I cant leave the house windows open at night due to the smell. Night time temps were in the high 60's and I would like to open the windows.

Its 645am and I can still smell the smoldering fire!!

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been getting some smoke here from some fires in Canada. Seems worse at night.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Just to give a different perspective, I like the smell of wood smoke. The only reason I don't have a fire in the fireplace is because I'd have to remove the heat with air conditioning. I wish someone around here would have an outdoor fire from time to time. I don't want or need a forest fire.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I don't mind a good campfire or wood stove. What I don't like is burning trash. My hillbilly neighbors were too cheap to pay for trash pickup, and had a nearly constant pile of smouldering trash in their back yard. The smoke would blow in my windows and fill the house. I'm talking diapers, plastic...all kinda of nasty smelling stuff.

Then 2 weeks ago, their garage caught fire and burned their house down. FD says it was lightning, but we didn't hear anything and we would have because it's only 40 feet from our house. My theory is the wind blew the smouldering trash into their garage and it went up. Whatever caused it, thankfully nobody got hurt and now I don't have to smell their burning trash anymore.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post