SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    How did that happen - seems dinner forks are disappearing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How did that happen - seems dinner forks are disappearing Login/Join 
Picture of SR
posted
I’m shaking my head. It appears that about ½ of our dinner folks have vanished. Not sure when – but over the last few weeks. How does that happen? LOL

I’m wondering if the socks that disappear in the washing machine/dryer are meeting up with the forks that disappeared in the dishwasher.

Do invisible aliens visit and collect forks in the middle of the night?

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4886 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not aliens, or silverware gnomes. Instead, check your teenager's bedroom. They are known to hoard dishes in there.

If you don't have a teenager, check the neighbor's teenager's room.

If there are no teenagers anywhere around, tell your wife to pay closer attention when she's tipping the remainder of her dinner into the trash can after a meal.

Big Grin

Posts: 32400 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
I’m shaking my head. It appears that about ½ of our dinner folks have vanished. Not sure when – but over the last few weeks. How does that happen? LOL

I’m wondering if the socks that disappear in the washing machine/dryer are meeting up with the forks that disappeared in the dishwasher.

Do invisible aliens visit and collect forks in the middle of the night?

Couldn't help posting this after reading and quoting!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

If there are no teenagers anywhere around, tell your wife to pay closer attention when she's tipping the remainder of her dinner into the trash can after a meal.

Big Grin

Enjoyed your response. All good thoughts. Unfortunately, no teens around. She'll say it's me that toss the forks. LOL

Posts: 4886 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
just1tym - that was funny!

posted Hide Post
We use a lot of plastic forks and spoons around here ...

Posts: 3964 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
If the aliens are picking them up in the middle of the night, why must they also be invisible?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12344 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

That's how I stopped the disappearance of dedicated butter knives from our house.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Check the dryer. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3757 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
They morphed into Tupperware lids that don't fit anything.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
They morphed into Tupperware lids that don't fit anything.

Ha, this hits close to home. I ask my wife what's going on with the bottoms and she gives me that look (you married guys know the one) and says it must be me. That's the time to quit the subject because it's only going to get ugly here on out. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Same thing here. I have absolutely no idea where they went.

I found out that I was not the first person to wander into Bed Bath & Beyond and ask for help buying a dozen or so forks.

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
If you see a fork in the road, take it.

Apologies to Yogi Berra.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Actually saw a dinner fork that was in a tire shop that had punctured the tread and sticking out the side wall.. Hope that the tire owner had a good road hazard warranty. ..................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1938 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

We are currently running low on teaspoons at our house. My wife has had some recent health issues that she is recovering from. I just don’t have the heart to mention it. I expect that one weekend morning there will only be one left in the drawer with both of us having a bowl of cereal poured.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Funny, my salad forks disappeared. Have no idea where they took off to. I only have one of the original set left. Maybe they ran off with your dinner forks!

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
When I divorced, I bought the standard bachelor pad fork, knife, and spoon set. I started noticing they were disappearing. Turns out, every time my ex-girlfriend went home, she stole a piece of silverware to throw away when she stopped to get gas.

One piece at a time......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
When I divorced, I bought the standard bachelor pad fork, knife, and spoon set. I started noticing they were disappearing. Turns out, every time my ex-girlfriend went home, she stole a piece of silverware to throw away when she stopped to get gas.

That's one hell of a slow play, "Girl, I'm not gonna slash this man's tired or key his car, I'm taking 1 piece of silverware every so often until he slowly goes crazy"

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6236 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post