SIGforum
How did that happen - seems dinner forks are disappearing

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/1170098384

August 03, 2021, 10:55 AM
SR
How did that happen - seems dinner forks are disappearing
I’m shaking my head. It appears that about ½ of our dinner folks have vanished. Not sure when – but over the last few weeks. How does that happen? LOL

I’m wondering if the socks that disappear in the washing machine/dryer are meeting up with the forks that disappeared in the dishwasher.

Do invisible aliens visit and collect forks in the middle of the night?

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig
August 03, 2021, 11:03 AM
RogueJSK
Not aliens, or silverware gnomes. Instead, check your teenager's bedroom. They are known to hoard dishes in there.

If you don't have a teenager, check the neighbor's teenager's room.

If there are no teenagers anywhere around, tell your wife to pay closer attention when she's tipping the remainder of her dinner into the trash can after a meal.

Big Grin
August 03, 2021, 11:42 AM
just1tym
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
I’m shaking my head. It appears that about ½ of our dinner folks have vanished. Not sure when – but over the last few weeks. How does that happen? LOL

I’m wondering if the socks that disappear in the washing machine/dryer are meeting up with the forks that disappeared in the dishwasher.

Do invisible aliens visit and collect forks in the middle of the night?

Couldn't help posting this after reading and quoting!

Regards, Will G.
August 03, 2021, 11:49 AM
SR
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

If there are no teenagers anywhere around, tell your wife to pay closer attention when she's tipping the remainder of her dinner into the trash can after a meal.

Big Grin

Enjoyed your response. All good thoughts. Unfortunately, no teens around. She'll say it's me that toss the forks. LOL

August 03, 2021, 11:51 AM
SR
just1tym - that was funny!

August 03, 2021, 11:56 AM
selogic
We use a lot of plastic forks and spoons around here ...
August 03, 2021, 12:23 PM
Georgeair
If the aliens are picking them up in the middle of the night, why must they also be invisible?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

August 03, 2021, 12:54 PM
Flash-LB
quote:

Big Grin

That's how I stopped the disappearance of dedicated butter knives from our house.
August 03, 2021, 01:15 PM
Sailor1911
Check the dryer. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016
August 03, 2021, 04:34 PM
vinnybass
They morphed into Tupperware lids that don't fit anything.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."
August 03, 2021, 05:20 PM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
They morphed into Tupperware lids that don't fit anything.

Ha, this hits close to home. I ask my wife what's going on with the bottoms and she gives me that look (you married guys know the one) and says it must be me. That's the time to quit the subject because it's only going to get ugly here on out. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
August 03, 2021, 07:06 PM
.38supersig

August 04, 2021, 10:08 AM
OKCGene
Same thing here. I have absolutely no idea where they went.

I found out that I was not the first person to wander into Bed Bath & Beyond and ask for help buying a dozen or so forks.
August 04, 2021, 10:17 AM
festus haggen
If you see a fork in the road, take it.

Apologies to Yogi Berra.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.
August 04, 2021, 03:00 PM
drill sgt
Actually saw a dinner fork that was in a tire shop that had punctured the tread and sticking out the side wall.. Hope that the tire owner had a good road hazard warranty. ..................... drill sgt.
August 04, 2021, 08:43 PM
Wolfpacker
quote:

Big Grin

We are currently running low on teaspoons at our house. My wife has had some recent health issues that she is recovering from. I just don’t have the heart to mention it. I expect that one weekend morning there will only be one left in the drawer with both of us having a bowl of cereal poured.
August 04, 2021, 09:03 PM
m1009
Funny, my salad forks disappeared. Have no idea where they took off to. I only have one of the original set left. Maybe they ran off with your dinner forks!
August 06, 2021, 09:05 PM
jljones
When I divorced, I bought the standard bachelor pad fork, knife, and spoon set. I started noticing they were disappearing. Turns out, every time my ex-girlfriend went home, she stole a piece of silverware to throw away when she stopped to get gas.

One piece at a time......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

August 06, 2021, 09:15 PM
OttoSig
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
When I divorced, I bought the standard bachelor pad fork, knife, and spoon set. I started noticing they were disappearing. Turns out, every time my ex-girlfriend went home, she stole a piece of silverware to throw away when she stopped to get gas.

That's one hell of a slow play, "Girl, I'm not gonna slash this man's tired or key his car, I'm taking 1 piece of silverware every so often until he slowly goes crazy"

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!
August 06, 2021, 10:51 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!