SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FedEx are idiots.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx are idiots. Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I'm on a cull Dee's sac with 15 houses.

One day wife gets the notice her package was delivered... with a pic. I look outside and nope, not there.

Check the photo and see about 10 packages and an address which is clearly not ours, is the house at the opening of the cull Dee's sac. I go to the house (we're close friends) and rummage through the packages.

Not one package for that address. Not. One.

They all belonged to other houses on the street. Talk about a lazy driver. Wife calls Amazon (where she bought from) to complain. Verbatim she's told not to take the packages and, they would resend the package. Wife demanded a refund - as did all the other houses.

And yes, I know how to spell cul-de-sac. Wink

that's one heck of a cul-de-sac!!!

there's only 3 on mine,, I almost feel cheated,

almost,

anyhoo, FedEx ground sucks,
FedEx ground management/supervisory people suck,

I've had numerous packages marked as 'no one home',

odd , since each time I was home all day and no FedEx truck even turned on the street

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
reminds me,

package being delivered to the shop,

get an email when the package label is generated,
get an email (I have a FedEx account) when it is picked up,
get updates on delivery days and the time window,

got an email saying projected deliver day was the day before I got the email, followed by a text saying that day,

then an email saying tomorrow,,

all for the same damn package,

a firearm, so 'signature required' but since no one is allowed to sign for anything due to the Cooties, I found it by the back door,, that afternoon

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You should talk to the other people in your household and ask them if they've made arrangements with the driver for signature releases to be signed for and left by the driver. This isn't allowed by FedEx and can lead to their immediate termination of employment; however, I know quite a few drivers will do it for their regular customers if given permission by the customer.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yes, I really made that sign.

quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Well after putting up signs POINTING the way to my house, they found me today.

We'll see how the next package I have coming goes.

Big Grin

[/QUOTE]

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure we all have stories about UPS screwing up, but I've got to say that in my recent experience, UPS is far superior to FedEx. The last two packages I've received FedEx ground have both been delayed, disappeared on their tracking system, and then showed up late.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
The last two packages I've received FedEx ground have both been delayed, disappeared on their tracking system, and then showed up late.

I'm dealing with this right now. Shipment was picked up just over a week ago by FedEx Ground in San Francisco with a scheduled delivery date of 05/19. Made it to Salt Lake City where the tracking was changed to "shipment exception - Emergency, shipment delayed." It stayed that way from Saturday 05/15 until Tuesday 05/18 when it suddenly changed to being in Kansas. Then the scheduled delivery date disappeared and has been listed as pending ever since. Yesterday morning it showed as being in Illinois and by this morning it was shown as being about 20 miles up the road from here. They are supposed to contact me for a delivery time but I have yet to hear from them. Mad

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
"FedEx Ground" is not handled by FedEx employees; it is a contracted (no)service.

I am not 100% positive, but I believe that all UPS, including UPS Ground, is actually handled by UPS.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30646 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post