SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Worth of Various Brands
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Worth of Various Brands Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
In the 90s I had a Jennings .22LR that actually shot very decently and I can't remember it ever jamming. Also had a .380 that functioned fine but wasn't fun to shoot - very snappy.

They were clunky and unrefined but they worked.

I also had a Jennings J-22, only mine was back in the early 1980's. The first one had a frequent issue with going into "full auto" mode after firing a shot. It would rattle off at least 3 or 4 rounds with one pull of the trigger. A close inspection showed the breech face was machined at a slight angle, so it would "pinch" the rim of the next cartridge causing it to fire as it was fully chambered. A phone call to Jennings had a new slide in hand within a few days and I never had any more problems with it.

I have no idea what ever became of that little thing, but I'd buy another one just for nostalgia... if the price was right. Wink

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
<<snip>>

No problem. Mrs. Flash is fanatical about her brass not hitting her head or face, so I tune her reloads. Keeps her happy.

Understood! What do factory self-defense loads do? In today's litigious society, I don't think I would use my own reloads for self-defense purposes. YMMV...

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by dan03833:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Regardless of ones favorite brand, one day, they will own a Glock....

Nope

Ditto. Been a gun owner for 18 years. Never have, never will. Why would I when I can get everything they offer in platforms from other manufacturers that don’t have that weirdo grip angle?

Triple NOPE. Can't stand 'em. And I've owned guns for well over 6 decades.

Back on topic, several trouble free Taurii (85, PT99AF, 689), a Kel-Tec P11, and an AMT 380 Backup II, again without functional - reliability issues. That said, all now gone save the 6" Taurus 689.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
<<snip>>

No problem. Mrs. Flash is fanatical about her brass not hitting her head or face, so I tune her reloads. Keeps her happy.

Understood! What do factory self-defense loads do? In today's litigious society, I don't think I would use my own reloads for self-defense purposes. YMMV...

The factory self defense loads she has also eject at around 4:30 or so, and that works.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
also had a Jennings J-22, only mine was back in the early 1980's. The first one had a frequent issue with going into "full auto" mode after firing a shot

^^^^^^^^^^^
That was the Jennings Gang Banger Special, Chicago edition.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
also had a Jennings J-22, only mine was back in the early 1980's. The first one had a frequent issue with going into "full auto" mode after firing a shot

^^^^^^^^^^^
That was the Jennings Gang Banger Special, Chicago edition.

It's a feature! Big Grin

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post