SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Anti-barking device for neighbor's dog???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anti-barking device for neighbor's dog??? Login/Join 
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
I have had excellent results with this.

My neighbor across our road had dogs who would come to their fence and challenge anything that moved. This is the only thing that kept the dogs off their fence.
The product is not highly reviewed, but I don't think people use it correctly. Leave it out and the mutts become accustomed. Use it intermittently, let the dogs see you place it and activate it...I have achieved success and quiet.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
As someone who owns a Sheltie, who barks.

Move.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
We had a neighbor that had a German Shepard that would bark at night . They knew the dog was barking and did nothing about it .

GSDs (working breeds, in general) really need to be near "their people." Isolate them from the rest of the family, and you end up with a broken GSD. That's what one looks/sounds like.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Are firecrackers legal where your friend lives? If the neighbor has to bring his dog in because your friend finds the sound of them more pleasing than it’s barking there’s a good chance he’ll be interested in addressing the issue. Obviously it should only be done when neighbor is home.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
We had a neighbor that had a German Shepard that would bark at night . They knew the dog was barking and did nothing about it .

GSDs (working breeds, in general) really need to be near "their people." Isolate them from the rest of the family, and you end up with a broken GSD. That's what one looks/sounds like.
He only barked at night though . And after I let him loose , he was fine . When they put him in the shop , he never barked . Just didn't want to be in the back yard at night . So I obliged him ..

Posts: 3971 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rstaton
posted Hide Post
I once was so fedup with the dog barking 20 feet from my bedroom window, That I grabbed a large firecracker, lit it and threw it out the window. After the boom, barking immediately stopped... I went out after a minute or so to take a look, and found the dead grass on the side of my house on fire. Ruined a good pair of shoes putting it out, lol. Now ive been thinking about a higher than human hearing device hooked up to a speaker that I can use to occasionally stop him. Hoping I can train him to just not bark his head off for hours on that side of the house.....

Posts: 162 | Registered: September 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
The ultrasonic device looks like a winner.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Back in my early 20s I lived in Scottsdale AZ. The neighbor had a dog that would bark 24/7. My less than scrupulous roommate would throw hot dogs and shit over the stone wall that had various drugs in them. Benadryl, weed edibles and the like. Totally wrong and outrageous behavior, but it worked.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My dad had to go to court to get the neighbors dog to stop barking constantly. It would bark at us as we walked thru the kitchen and it would see movement.

Dad called the cops for about a year, two to three times a day.

We never antagonized it or did anything out of the norm…it just barked at us in our yard or house.

The dog eventually had its vocal cords clipped and it still ran up and down the fence line “coughing” at any movement.

I don’t have to imagine your friends problem.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Suppressed 22 or rat poison meatball.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Suppressed 22 or rat poison meatball.

Dude. Really?

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I like the ultrasonic idea, and broadcasting the recorded barking back at them amplified or at night.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Get a recording of a dog fight and play it after they go to bed,

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 10 years ago we had a neighbor who had dogs tied out to a dog box next to our bedroom window. They barked constantly every night. Talked to the neighbors and they did nothing about it. Called the state police and was told they didn't enforce local ordinances. We had no local police, and the dog warden never returned my calls. My wife bought a ultrasonic device disguised as a decoration bird house and put it on our back deck. I told her she wasted our money, but low and behold, it worked. When the dogs would bark, the birdhouse emitted the sound and the dogs would cower and get back in their boxes. So, in my case they did work.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post