SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Disaster & Survival Preparedness    Gasoline for Generators
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Gasoline for Generators Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:
Originally posted by 808:
Try a propane conversion kit . Propane never goes bad and runs longer.

Mine will run for 23 hours on a 20 lb tank.

https://motorsnorkel.com/


How difficult is the install?

I just did one for my old Honda EU2000i last night. It took all of about 15 minutes.

I used these guys' kit.


________________________________________________________
It is long past time for a Convention of States. The Founding Fathers gave us this tool to fix an out of control government and we need to use it.
 
Posts: 23110 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gustofer.

Also - description says you can run two EU's off 1-tank. I am assuming they are referring to the linking of 2 EU generators or can you run 2 units independently off 1-tank?
 
Posts: 5559 | Location: NH | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Looks like two units off of one tank.



________________________________________________________
It is long past time for a Convention of States. The Founding Fathers gave us this tool to fix an out of control government and we need to use it.
 
Posts: 23110 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 808:
I can just turn the valve and still run it on regular gasoline if needed. But have never switched back to gasoline just all propane.
Unless you regularly run on gasoline, I’d be very carefully switching back to gas. I worked in a garage in high school, and while the boss did LNG conversions, he refused to do dual fuel versions. He explained that, “You’ll love the LNG fo much and it will be so much cheaper than gas (this was 40 some years ago) that even though you tell me now that you’ll run it on gas periodically, you’ll forget, or won’t get around to it, then one day when you’re in east nowhere and can’t get LNG you’ll top the gas tank and switch. Because all that dry gas flowing through carburetor has dried out all the seal, gas will leak over the manifold, eventually find the exhaust manifold or a spark and you’ll have an engine fire.” Harry was a heck of a mechanic and a pretty sharp judge of human nature, but I figured he was being overly conservative.

Then I tried shutting off the fuel and running one of the Honda quads on the ranch out of gas to avoid problems with the garbage that they sell at gas stations around here. Seemed a reasonable approach for an occasionally used machine. When I came back several months later and turned the gas back on, it stared leaking at the carb. Whoops. Now I just use 100LL and don’t worry about it. It is (usually) more expensive that the garbage from the gas station, but it just works. It will be interesting to see if the new unleaded aviation gasolines that are coming will do as well…
 
Posts: 7871 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Disaster & Survival Preparedness    Gasoline for Generators

© SIGforum 2026