SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Dumb ass ammo/barrel issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb ass ammo/barrel issue Login/Join 
posted
Let's get it out of the way.
Using remake FedArm ammo. Shot tons of it in the past with no issues.

Sig 320 Legion. Put about 150 rounds through it. My son using it so can't speak of any strange noises.

Broke down for cleaning and there is a "ring" about an inch past the chamber. I "feel" a hump when pushing a patch through it. No bulge on the outside of the barrel. Won't brush out.

Figure maybe a jacket on cheap bullets separated?

Already ordered a new barrel. Hopefully drop in fit?

Bulge or jacket? Anyway to remove a jacket separation?

Approx. 200 rounds of FedArm ammo for sale.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obvious stupid question....bronze brush have any effect??

Have you soaked the area in question with a solvent patch left in place???

Drag a long tipped cotton swab across it. That may give you some info as to the composition.

Any access to a borescope??

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a raised area as opposed to pushed out.

Soaking a patch over it now. Copper solvent.
I'll leave it for awhile.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the ammo you have is copper plated rather than jacketed. Educated guess is the ammo. Can happen for a number of reasons with plated. You should be able to clean up soft plating residue.

Nothing wrong with plated if done right.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post