SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig P226 hammer drop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 hammer drop Login/Join 
posted
I pulled my venerable 226 out of the safe and discovered not only had I grown so feeble that I could barely rack the slide, but the hammer drop safety didn't function at all. Where do I start looking for the deficiency here.

Posts: 42 | Location: E.S. of MD. | Registered: June 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
What do you mean by "hammer drop safety"? The decocking lever? If so, I'd remove the left grip panel and check to make sure the spring is properly installed and not broken. Should look like this:

*Not my photo...borrowed off the internet.

Posts: 8542 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rogn:
I pulled my venerable 226 out of the safe and discovered not only had I grown so feeble that I could barely rack the slide, but the hammer drop safety didn't function at all. Where do I start looking for the deficiency here.

Press down harder. [edit]Don't force it! Use a bigger hammer.[/edit]

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post