SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    I am feeling stupid. SIG 365 operator error.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am feeling stupid. SIG 365 operator error. Login/Join 
Picture of Basenji
posted
Help! I was cleaning my 365 and got sidetracked on greasing the rails. So I assembled the gun with the barrel in place, but didn't put the spring in. I can't disassemble it to fix it because the bottom of the feed ramp is hanging up on the take down lever. I can't move the slide far enough to move the takedown lever. Hope I have been clear. Never done this before and as I said, I'm feeling stupid.

Posts: 919 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Try this,

Pull the slide as far back as you can.
Then push it as far forward as it will go.
You should feel resistance from the striker spring.
Maintain forward pressure on the slide and pull the trigger.
Release the trigger and the slide should come off to the front.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Please let us know if that guidance works.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Have you tried turning it upside down? Maybe the barrel might fall back into the slide that way(?)
Good luck!

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1899 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Basenji:
Never done this before and as I said, I'm feeling stupid.

You're the first person to have ever done this.

Not.

Keep working with it; the slide will come off. Holding upside down sometimes works, but work it back and forth, and it will come off.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys!!! JPD217 was right, worked like a charm. I knew that the brain trust would have an answer. Thanks again!!!!

Posts: 919 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Good to know. Thanks to the question and the answer.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Nice to see some good news and that I'm not the only guy to sometimes make a mistake.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
I am sure you know how relived I was when it worked the first time.

Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked for you. I'm sure you can tell that I've never done that. Big Grin

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
Smile