SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P365 takedown lever stuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 takedown lever stuck Login/Join 
posted
New pistol, first time at the range today, ran flawlessly.

Disassembled and cleaned.

When I reassembled the lever did not rotate back to the horizontal 3 o'clock position. It is now stuck at 7/5 o'clock. The slide sits about 1/8" from the back end of the frame, but racks ok and can be locked back with the release/catch. Also, can't get the slide off of the frame, now.

Can't insert a mag, can't pull trigger fully. Oddly, if the lever in the 7 o'clock position and I pull the trigger, the lever rotates to 5 o'clock.

I can push or pull the slide while pushing the catch/release and it has not affect.

I'm really bummed now. If anyone has any ideas as to what is happening I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 21, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the slide locked back, move the end of the recoil spring around while turning the takedown lever.

Posts: 138 | Location: Great State of Virginia | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcberry:
With the slide locked back, move the end of the recoil spring around while turning the takedown lever.

Thanks very much for the reply!

I am trying this now, but it's not doing the trick. I think you are on the right track (the guide rod). I can't actually see the recoil spring with the slide locked back, but I can see the spring-loaded sleeve around the guide-rod. I can push it back about 3/16" but it has no effect.

Another thing I noticed is that the guide rod sits about 1/16" proud of the slide/frame. Not sure, but I don't think that is normal. I supposed I may not have had the guide-rod seated properly when I reassembled (if it is even possible to get the slide back on with an improperly situated guide rod).

I'll keep finagling with it, but it feels hopeless for now.

I'm really concerned now that I can't remove the slide from the frame. I guess I may end up sending my brand spanking new pistol back to Sig and hope they can magically get that slide off.

Thanks again for the response, I think you are on the right track.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 138 | Location: Great State of Virginia | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this helps, but there is some good info here

https://www.youtube.com/c/SIGMECHANICS/videos

Posts: 9139 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wcberry and .38supersig,

Both of your efforts to find a solution are much appreciated.

Unfortunately, the problem persists. I hope Sig has some magic up their sleeve. I'm calling them tomorrow to see about sending it to them.

Thanks, again.