SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Which Sight Pusher for Xray3 Suppressor Height Sights?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Sight Pusher for Xray3 Suppressor Height Sights? Login/Join 
posted
I did search in here for this topic. But found no thread that clearly answered the question.
I don’t think the MGW 307 I have is designed for the Xray3 tall suppressor sights. The front sight won’t fit in the front adjustment slot. And it won’t sit flush against the rear adjustment slot if you try to do it from there.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I would think the MGW Sight-Pro tool would work. The part that actually pushes against the sight is large and tall, and if the sight didn’t fit inside the slot, it would be, I believe, possible to push the sights with the outside of the pusher. I have never worked with suppressor-height sights, though, so perhaps someone with actual experience will chime in.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MGW is very tall and easily fits suppressor height.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MGW Sight-Pro is bad to the bone. The only other one I have experience with is the Meprolight, and it is hot trash, compared to the MGW. I recall seeing a recent article about a new tool that looked like a ripoff of the MGW. Get the MGW. I haven't researched where that copy is made, but I know the MGW is made in America. Had one of their shifters in a Mustang in the past as well. Quality stuff. The MGW will push out Springfield XD sights like they're made out of butter, and push around 226 sights like they're friggen cool whip. No, I don't work for MGW; I just suffered at the hands of an inferior tool enough to know that the MGW is worth every penny. I have done suppressor sights on a Glock with the Sight-Pro; no problem. Using the outside edge of the pusher, as sigfreund mentioned may or may not be possible, depending on the width of the gun, and how far the sight starts into the dovetail. I tried it on one gun, and the pusher wouldn't clear the outside edge, before it ran out of range; had to get the sight in further with a punch, before I could utilize the Sight-Pro. I don't recall if that was that Glock with the tall sights or something else. Regardless, if you want a good sight tool, look no further than the Sight-Pro.

Posts: 2135 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MGW Sight Pro here. I have the shoes for almost every gun I have. Compared to gun-specific MGW pushers, the extra money for the Sight Pro or slightly smaller "Range" version are a better investment.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your input.
A friend at work happened to have a sight pusher I was able to use to install the tall sights.
The MGW 307 I have is now listed for sale in the classifieds, as I think I’ve used it 3 times in 6 years. I may invest in the Sight Pro later on if it becomes necessary.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post