SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Extractor issues M11A1 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extractor issues M11A1 9mm Login/Join 
Picture of gas226
posted
I bought a used M11A1. From the start I was getting failure to extract every other mag (15rd mags) having shot sig P226 for a while and familiar with the platform, I decided to change all the key springs since it was a used gun including the extractor spring. 100rd later I’m still getting failure to extract which results in a double feed. It has happened with brass and aluminum cases all factory either federal or Winchester. Is the 9mm extractor for M11A1 the same for a p226 .40? Looking at both my guns the extractor looks identical(it’s the long extractor).

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Posts: 432 | Location: Miami | Registered: August 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First thought was the extractor spring, but you replaced that. Next I would take a close look at the extractor, especially the hook that grabs the cartridge rim, looking for damage. Did you also clean out the extractor recesses in the slide of “crud” before replacing the spring? Not sure if 9mm and 40S&W extractors are interchangeable. Sorry I can’t help much, as my M11-A1 has been flawless for 3000+ rounds.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 366 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you also clean out the extractor recesses in the slide of “crud” before replacing the spring?

That’s what I was wondering.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gas226
posted Hide Post
I sent it to Sig since it was a used gun. Got it back with a new slide.. I guess the issue was worse than I thought. Being a used gun that’s probably why they sold it. Their loss my gain! Sig customer service rocks!!

Posts: 432 | Location: Miami | Registered: August 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post