SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SP2022 rear sight question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 rear sight question Login/Join 
posted
Will the rear sight for the P220, 226, 228, etc fit the SP2022? TIA

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Yes, same size dovetail. Front sights are also intercompatible

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thnx! Now to find a nice von Staven set...

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
OEM von Stavenhagen sights in the correct heights for your caliber are getting increasingly difficult to find, although posting on SF is a good start.

Some members here like XS Big Dot sights that use an i-dot sight picture or Heinie straight eight dot-over-dot sights.

You could also get something like a fiber-optic or whatever front dot sight w/ blacked-out rear and paint a white bar on the rear.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, kind Sir for the information.

posted Hide Post
My sp2022 came with #8 front and #8 rear. For me I had to cover target to get hit. I like the old system where point of impact is off top of front sight. To achieve this I installed a #10 rear sight and left on #8 original front.

Now have to make rear notch wider for my old eyes.

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC, most German handguns are sighted for POA=POI, rather than a 6 o'clock hold.

posted Hide Post
From the Sig FAQ section:

2018 SIG WEBSITE FAQ SECTION
My SIG SAUER pistol is not accurate. Why? What should I do?
All SIG SAUER production duty/combat pistols are set up to use a “combat” sight picture. This is where the front sight completely covers the bullseye of the target. Using a six o’clock (“pumpkin on a post”) or center mass (“half’n’half”) sight picture will result in low impact. SIG SAUER, Inc sights in all non-sporting and non-target pistols for 2 inch groupings @ 10 yards. If you are still having trouble, please contact Customer Service for further help and instruction. Please have your serial number ready. There are also very helpful free Internet sites that cover pistol group analysis.

The old Sig adage....."float the dot, break the shot".

Posts: 13 | Registered: January 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post