SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    320 armorer course test?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 armorer course test? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have a copy of the test that they use.

Posts: 85 | Location: NW of Tampa Fl | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They kept mine.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8767 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
They kept mine.

Mine, too, every time I’ve attended a SIG armorer course.
The instructor of my first course was probably more candid than he should have been because he told us the reason they kept everyone’s tests was to forestall any future claims of, “They never told me that,” when someone did something later that they shouldn’t have.

That was why I’ve kept every test I’ve ever administered to students.
“Yeah, I took the striker assembly apart and now it doesn’t work. But no one told me I shouldn’t do that.”
“Yes, boss, he was told that. Here is his exam sheet that covered that point.”

That said, I’ve always found the written tests for SIG armorer courses to be pretty straightforward and easy. But then I always paid attention and took notes about anything that was the least difficult or confusing.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Were they True/False type or Multiple Choice? I would think there is one floating around somewhere.

Thinking of taking the course but for my own knowledge. My gunsmith days have been over for 30+ years.

Posts: 85 | Location: NW of Tampa Fl | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Not ignoring your question, but I don’t recall. I seem to think it was a mix of question types, but I’m not sure.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

posted Hide Post
A mix. I thought there were some fill in the blank questions too. An easy test if you stayed awake in class.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8767 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry1834:

Thinking of taking the course but for my own knowledge.

Then why concern yourself with the “test”? My “certificate” from SIG states: Chris has attended the course of instruction in Sig Sauer P320 Armorer Certification. Literally a participation cert.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
The tests for the armorer's courses are literally the easiest part of the class. There are some general knowledge type things that the instructors always highlight several times during the lecture portion (like "Sig recommends any cleaning and lubrication products that are designed for use on firearms"...stuff like that). The actual mechanical stuff should be easy by the end of the class because you take the gun apart and put it back together so many times during the day that it almost becomes automatic, and you have a pretty thorough understanding of how everything works together by the end of the class.

Pay attention in class, follow the instructor's directions, and you'll have zero problems with the test.

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris, sometimes I just think too much. At my age (74) there is no pass or fail anymore. I hear ya on the certificates and I have about 25 or 26 lost count.Enjoyed everyone! Sometimes the attention span gets weak and I guess no nap at 3PM before cocktail hour. Thanks for the reply!