SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    (old!) P230 Parts Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(old!) P230 Parts Question Login/Join 
Picture of JamesD
posted
If all my knowledge and terminology are correct:

The fixed barrel of the P230 is pinned in place with a pair of roll (rolled?) pins - inner and outer.

(maybe they are called "split roll pins"?)

My QUESTION is:

If you are removing and reinstalling or replacing the barrel
- can those roll pins be saved and reused?
- or are they strictly one use/disposable items?

Much obliged for any sage advice.

JamesD

Let us to't pell-mell.
If not to heaven, then hand in hand to hell.

- Richard III Act V, Scene III

Posts: 494 | Location: Georgia [up in the mountains] | Registered: December 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of USMC2PD
posted Hide Post
In all of the Sig armorers schools I have attended, one thing they always made clear was never reuse roll pins.

Posts: 49 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Def recommend using new pins, but I have, in a pinch, re-used the roll pins holding the breechblock in place on older 226’s without issue. I would however be less inclined to do so with the pins referenced here.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JamesD
posted Hide Post
Thanks to you both for replying to my post.

That is what I thought I learned way back ago, but just looking for an update, "refresher" course.

James

Let us to't pell-mell.
If not to heaven, then hand in hand to hell.

- Richard III Act V, Scene III

Posts: 494 | Location: Georgia [up in the mountains] | Registered: December 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of USMC2PD
posted Hide Post
Hope your project goes well. I have previously owned 3 P230 and P232's. Good guns. Good luck.

Posts: 49 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post