SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    On FCU Build, P320 Trigger Bar Pushes Out Trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On FCU Build, P320 Trigger Bar Pushes Out Trigger Login/Join 
posted
I decided to use a P320 upgrade kit that includes a bit stronger trigger spring. Problem is when I slide the trigger in the MUP and snap in the trigger to the trigger bar, the spring tension pushes the trigger out to the side and dislodges the trigger. The line-up of the spring looks OK to me, and I have shaved off a bit in the trigger pivot hole to straighten the trigger. What may be the issue?

Posts: 1 | Location: lcsanders2@yahoo.com | Registered: October 16, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I don't have the answer to your Trigger problem, but the Location field is definitely NOT the place for your email address, unless of course you intend for it to be visible to the entire internet, and are interested in being Spammed and/or Scammed as a result! Wink

You should post your email address in the 'Display Email' field in you Profile. It will ONLY be visible to SIGforum members that are logged in to the forum. Also, don't forget to click 'Submit' at the bottom of the 'View/Edit Complete Profile' page to make the change.

Welcome to SIGforum! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DonPoon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lcsanders2:
I decided to use a P320 upgrade kit that includes a bit stronger trigger spring. Problem is when I slide the trigger in the MUP and snap in the trigger to the trigger bar, the spring tension pushes the trigger out to the side and dislodges the trigger. The line-up of the spring looks OK to me, and I have shaved off a bit in the trigger pivot hole to straighten the trigger. What may be the issue?

Welcome to the forum. I have a question for you, what is a "MUP"? and what part and how much did you "shaved off" the trigger pivot hole to make the "upgrade" parts to fit? Most if not all of these are drop-in, or plug-and play parts, you should not have to do any "gunsmithing" to your P320. Pictures would help to resolve the issues. Can you put back the original parts and function test the weapon?

Semper Fi

Posts: 361 | Registered: March 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Maybe you're experiencing what I experienced. I replaced the OEM trigger with a flat trigger from Sig. I could not put it back together according to youtube videos I was seeing. I finally took it to a gunsmith who charged me $20 to put it back together.

Except the reset became mushy. When he returned it to me, he said the reset spring doesn't look straight like the others he's seen and to return it to Sig for repair if it doesn't fire. I only gave him the FCU unit.

Anyways, I bought a reset spring upgrade from Armory Craft. In trying to do it myself, I finally figured it how. Depending on how the spring bar is connected to the trigger, is how you have to position the spring bar with the reset spring connected in order to snap the trigger and spring bar into place. I could not do as the YouTube video showed as my trigger has a "cowl" obstructing the bar if I first positioned the spring bar behind the sear housing as the video teaches. I had to hold the spring bar and the reset spring even with the point in order to be able to snap the trigger into place. I don't think you should have relieved the trigger pivot hole.

Here's a video that has the parts you need. You would install the reset spring like he does starting at the 2:45 mark. But instead of starting with the spring behind the sear housing, position it even with the sear housing while sliding the trigger into position and capturing the hole in the trigger bar end. When it's there, you can snap the trigger bar forward into the sear housing. You don't have to lift the trigger bar up and around the sear housing like he shows at the 5:50 mark. The difference I figured out, as I said, is that the trigger in the video doesn't have a "cowl" or shroud that houses the portion of the trigger bar. My flat trigger does and it prevents capturing the trigger bar hole with the trigger when the spring is behind the sear housing as the video shows.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the forum. I have a question for you, what is a "MUP"? [/QUOTE]

"MUP"= 80% fcu

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DonPoon
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Greymann:
[
"MUP"= 80% fcu

Ahhh... I got it. An aftermarket home build kit. My apology, in this case, I am withdrawing all of my comments, since they are not applying to the project. Good luck with your build.

Semper Fi

Posts: 361 | Registered: March 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post