SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Locking block
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Locking block Login/Join 
posted
Is the locking block with six dots stamped on it for the Sig 220 and 220compact?

Posts: 371 | Location: The once great state of California | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I don’t have a full size P220 to check, but the P220 Compact I have has eight indentations or “dimples” on the locking insert, four on each side.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t think this helps, but my P245 locking block is stamped “45C”, my 1996 P-220 is not stamped, my 2006(stainless slide w/internal extractor) is stamped with four dots on one side, and my 2016 SAO is stamped with five dots on each side.
Will have to wait until 2026 for my next one!

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 367 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, SIG has used many different ways of marking (or not marking) locking inserts. Sometimes the ones that don't appear to be marked are marked on the underside.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post