SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig 229 grip question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 229 grip question Login/Join 
posted
I finally got the old style grips to replace the E2 grips on my Sig 229 SAS. When I first installed the grips, the gun would not operate in double action. It would work if I thumbed it back into single action. I removed the right side grip and everything worked OK. After re-installing the right side grip several times with the same results, it finally started working OK after about the fourth or fifth try. The trigger bar spring was always in the right position. Any idea what might have caused this issue and should I have any reason for concern?

Posts: 256 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not unusual to damage the TBS (trigger bar spring) when installing/uninstalling E2 grips.

Hard to tell visually. Helps to have a spare TBS to verify. I had to replace a TBS on my P226 when I had the E2 grips on it.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Also check the inside of the right grip panel to make sure there's no residual plastic flashing that could be impeding the spring.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post